IGNORED

New 5200 Game: Chicken

classics

Played it just now - terrible with a joystick, but nice with a 5200 paddle. It's a lot like Kaboom, but when you press one of the fire buttons the chicken jumps up while pushing the cart. Does this do anything?

Edited by RangerG

There is a set of open source software in the forum I wrote that uses libusb. I wrote it on RedHat or Fedora for someone to use on a Mac.

Its all text based, but it does work. It takes a list of roms in a simple text file and synchronizes the cart from that. Basically a back end to a GUI that was never written.

You can get them in the 5200/ColecoVision flash cart forum as an attachment to one of the posts there.

Steve

There is a set of open source software in the forum I wrote that uses libusb. I wrote it on RedHat or Fedora for someone to use on a Mac.

Its all text based, but it does work. It takes a list of roms in a simple text file and synchronizes the cart from that. Basically a back end to a GUI that was never written.

You can get them in the 5200/ColecoVision flash cart forum as an attachment to one of the posts there.

Steve

That's excellent. I'll probably place an order an Monday then. I've also been looking for some interesting programming projects, and I happen to know all about Mac/Linux GUI programming, so I'll try to whip up some nice interfaces for you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 years later...
48 minutes ago, 0078265317 said:

I just checked.  It says 29.99 now not 24.99

$5 price increase over the span of 11 years isn't exactly highway robbery or unexpected. For an 11 year necrobump I sure hope you actually bought one and just came here to say how much you paid versus back in 2009 when Steve released this in the first place. Otherwise, WTF?