IGNORED

How many Colecovision fans are there?

Yurkie

It's great for Genesis stuff at the moment. The past 3 weeks I pulled off 2 different Genesis scores and a nice NES score. The first score was SMB/Duck Hunt/Track&Field, Ninja Gaiden, Megaman 3, Legend of Zelda and Kirby's Adventure for $5. Then the first Genesis score was a Model 2 with 15 games and a cart holder for $6. The second was a Model 1 with ~25 games 2 controllers and a copy of R-Type for the SNES for $25. Next week will be even bigger if this trend continues and this damn rain stops!!!! I should be in the Dix Hills/ Deer Park area this weekend as that area tends to have a lot of obscure things like the Nomad I got for $7 2 years ago.

Edited by STICH666

I was wondering how many fans are out there?

To answer the original question (instead of a discussion about yard sales) extensive research has revealed there are exactly 4 Colecovision fans out there. They are not to be confused with ColecoVision, Coleco Vision, or CV fans.

yurkie and his gf are excluded from the survey because they are from here and not out there.

The 4 Colecovision fans are all from System SUAFYS-156972. They visit here often to acquire their favorite vintage consoles, then they go back out there to enjoy them. They are:

1. Snorg (enjoys the unique flavor the badge glue)

2. Snorg's GF (she say's it's her favorite to make Snorg happy, but she really prefers the sharp tang of the NES)

3. Snorg's mother (unfortunately, she has reached the age where she sprinkles rosemary on all her Colecovision recipes)

4. Snorg's BFF (he likes everything Snorg likes)

All 4 Colecovision fans from out there avoid yard sales because of all the fucking idiots who frequent them.

Edited by akator

If you mean how many CV fans in numbers?.Who knows,i dont remember any surveys.Thats something that would have to be asked at various fan sites like AA of course.IIRC,several CV sites like Coleconation dont exist anymore,thats sucks.I think there are more CV fans than one would realise.Often,i mention CV to folks and they always say,oh yeah,ColecoVision,i had one of those,man that was ages ago,those were cool!!.

Edited by Rik

It's great for Genesis stuff at the moment. The past 3 weeks I pulled off 2 different Genesis scores and a nice NES score. The first score was SMB/Duck Hunt/Track&Field, Ninja Gaiden, Megaman 3, Legend of Zelda and Kirby's Adventure for $5. Then the first Genesis score was a Model 2 with 15 games and a cart holder for $6. The second was a Model 1 with ~25 games 2 controllers and a copy of R-Type for the SNES for $25. Next week will be even bigger if this trend continues and this damn rain stops!!!! I should be in the Dix Hills/ Deer Park area this weekend as that area tends to have a lot of obscure things like the Nomad I got for $7 2 years ago.

theres so much stuff that I passed up and regretted it later. I passed up an atari 5200 in the box for $30 because I already had a better looking one. I also passed up a SNES with 20 games for $20 last summer because I never liked it.

There aren't many Colecovision fans left, after the console wars of '83. Atari's scorched-earth policy and illegal use of MIRVs laid waste to the entire battlefield. Of course the surrender monkeys at Mattel just made Atari think it could own the world without much trouble. Coleco held out, but in the end it, too, was vanquished. Of course it was just poetic justice that Atari died in the nuclear winter brought about by the final battle.

It was a strange game they were playing. Unfortunately, they learned too late that the only winning move is not to play.

Edited by Ransom

theres so much stuff that I passed up and regretted it later. I passed up an atari 5200 in the box for $30 because I already had a better looking one. I also passed up a SNES with 20 games for $20 last summer because I never liked it.

It's been my goal to buy everything gaming related that I enjoy or that I can make a profit on by selling it to Play-N-Trade or Ebay.

......In fact, the CV was the last console I bought until the Jaguar came out.

It's the second last console I have bought new to this day. The last was the 5200. Everything else has been bought second hand and years after their initial inception. And I don't see that changing any time soon either.

There aren't many Colecovision fans left, after the console wars of '83. Atari's scorched-earth policy and illegal use of MIRVs laid waste to the entire battlefield. Of course the surrender monkeys at Mattel just made Atari think it could own the world without much trouble. Coleco held out, but in the end it, too, was vanquished. Of course it was just poetic justice that Atari died in the nuclear winter brought about by the final battle.

It was a strange game they were playing. Unfortunately, they learned too late that the only winning move is not to play.

'Tis a sad tale to be certain. And worse yet are the decrepit mutants that have been slithering their way along the black and blasted earth in these dark days. Costing the children of our post-apocalyptic wasteland more and more, while draining away what precious little is left of their imagination and hope for a better future. :D

I'm a Colecovision fan. Some games i really like are -

H.E.R.O.

Galaxian

Smurf-Rescue In Gargamel's Castle

Tapper

My favorites are:

Donkey Kong

Donkey Kong Jr.

Q*bert

Frenzy

Spy Hunter

Pac-man Prototype atarisoft (play this on my 128-1 Multi-Cart)

Galaxian

Frogger

Mr. Do

Mr. Do's Castle

Burgertime

Cosmic Avenger

Oil's Well

Kevtris

I would recommend getting the 128-1 Multi-cart from Atarisoft. It is buggy once in awhile, but there are some awesome roms out there that you can play. I also believe in buying the games I like, but some aren't available and this is a good temporary solution.

And looking forward to getting my first homebrew cart... Zippy Race.

CV/ColecoVision/Colecovision/Coleco Vision is one of my favorites! I wanted one as a kid but my parents opted for an Apple IIe. Just a couple of years ago I got back into classic/retro gaming and was able to pick up a system and some carts. Since then I have gradually added to my collection and purchased a few homebrews. I probably play this system more than any other, although my first love will always be the Odyssey2.

I am a huge CV fan. My console is still going strong although the controllers can be very annoying, which actually makes me a fan of my super action controllers which at least have a decent joystick on them.

With my CV multi-cart fully loaded with the best CV games there is no way I have to look at emulation for this baby.

My CV and Vectrex are the most used 1st gen (for me anyway) machines in my collection by a long way.

The ColecoVision was the first home video game I ever played, aside a Pong clone before that, and even though it wasn't mine. I got in love with the thing. I was also getting into arcade games at about the same time, and DK was one of the first games I saw in the arcades, so I was really impressed that I could play that home. Games that I enjoyed back then were Venture, Zaxxon and Mr Do!. Ah, the memories...

I'd just like to point out that one does not have to actually own CV right now to count in as a ColecoVision fan.Just remembering it from when you used to have one back in the day counts also.

It's been my goal to buy everything gaming related that I enjoy or that I can make a profit on by selling it to Play-N-Trade or Ebay.

well, hit some garage sales today. no coleco but i found a batch of atari 2600 cartridges, like 20 of them. i had most of them and I didnt have time to pick and choose. guy wanted $5 for them. the only game that stuck in my head was jungle hunt.