IGNORED

A new game-Miss It (High score list in post #1)

accousticguitar

Here is a new bB game I call Miss It. The object is to avoid letting the moving objects hit you. How long can you last? Press the fire button to start a new game. The black and white switch pauses the game.

Many thanks to batari for making the programming language that made this game possible. Also, many thanks to SeaGtGruff for helping me get this game started. The code snippets and samples by Atarius Maximus were quite helpful. And thanks to RevEng for helping me with that missile problem.

This game is now available for purchase at Good Deal Games: The version for sale has the added feature of being able to make the score counter work like normal or to only progress when the player is moving (by flipping the left difficulty switch).

http://www.gooddealgames.com/inventory/Atari%202600.html

Miss It is a one player game where the object is to keep your square away from all the other objects that are bouncing around the screen. It starts out easy at first with only one square to avoid. Soon there are two squares to avoid, then three squares, then four, and then five. Each new square that appears is preceded by a warning beep. Later on in the game small rectangles come out instead of squares. The rectangles are harder to see and more challenging to avoid. The longer the game goes on the crazier it gets. The game ends when you are touched by one of the objects. How long can you last?

Missit11.bas

Missit11.bin

Missit11.PAL60.bin

Top scores so far:

devwebcl - 131

Atarius Maximus - 130

accousticguitar - 122

neotokeo2001 - 115

yuppicide - 102

RevEng - 100

post-8785-0-72720200-1502344119_thumb.png

Edited by accousticguitar

I'm really loving this game and it's zen-like simplicity. One nit to pick - the objects don't quite reach the bottom before they bounce, and it's distracting.

I'm torn wether this game should be made more complex as you go along, or if it's perfect as-is. I think Dodge It narrows the playfield as you get further. It might also be neat to have different levels with different shaped playfields.

Either way, well done accousticguitar! :)

I was preparing to post a game almost exactly like this called Dodger, they are more or less the same game; since they could still diverge quite a bit during development, I'd still kind of like to share mine. It's your call though, you've done a great job and I don't want to step on your toes.

Edited by MausGames

I'm really loving this game and it's zen-like simplicity. One nit to pick - the objects don't quite reach the bottom before they bounce, and it's distracting.

I'm torn wether this game should be made more complex as you go along, or if it's perfect as-is. I think Dodge It narrows the playfield as you get further. It might also be neat to have different levels with different shaped playfields.

Either way, well done accousticguitar! :)

All the sprites are hiding in the bottom bar, so they flicker until you have 5 of them on the screen. Once the red square comes out, the objects reach the bottom of the screen.

I was preparing to post a game almost exactly like this called Dodger, they are more or less the same game; since they could still diverge quite a bit during development, I'd still kind of like to share mine. It's your call though, you've done a great job and I don't want to step on your toes.

The more the merrier. :)

I'll post the .bas file and if anyone wants to improve it they can.

Here is a new bB game I call Miss It. The object is to avoid letting the moving objects hit you. How long can you last? Press the fire button to start a new game. The black and white switch pauses the game.

What are the odds that two people would come up with the same Atari game 30+ years after its release?

Lord Mountainslim LIKES it!

Neat game.

Wp

What are the odds that two people would come up with the same Atari game 30+ years after its release?

It would be interesting to know when and where MausGames came up with the idea for his game. I got the idea for mine after watching the Phosphor Dot Fossils Level 2 video that recently came out.

I decided to go back and work on one when I read this post:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=1775484

This is a lot more like the original than the one I made.

Cool, I'm looking forward to your version!

What a great Game!

It's Simple and Fun, thats the Atati 2600 spirit.

Addicting is the word i would use to describe this game.

Nice job, although i'd like to see it under 2k if that was possible.

This game feels like a 2k game. No offense.

It does seem like a 2k game. I'm sure that a good programmer could make this game in 2k, but I don't think it would be worth the trouble.

Addicting is the word i would use to describe this game.

Nice job, although i'd like to see it under 2k if that was possible.

This game feels like a 2k game. No offense.

It does seem like a 2k game. I'm sure that a good programmer could make this game in 2k, but I don't think it would be worth the trouble.

Well, if i had the BAS, i'll see if it's possible.

Here's a 2k version, but it only has 2 balls. Maybe someone will find this code useful and try to add more perhaps. players 0 & 1 would be balls 3 & 4.

Crap, you beat me to a 2k version.

That doesn't mean you still can't make yours, you might be able to have more than 2 balls bouncing around.