IGNORED

Wanted Colecovision scans....

user42

My current project (Colecovision Gamebase) has me collecting up scans of CV stuff. Here is a list of the items that I am currently looking for. (I would like scans or good quality photos)

Box Front (doesn't have to be super HQ, these are for thumbs)

Amazing Bumpman

Cosmic Crisis

Linking Logic

Skiing

Strike It!

Word Feud

Overlay

Super Action Soccer

Cart

Alcazar

Amazing Bumpman

Boulder Dash

Chuck Norris**

Learning With Leeper**

Meteoric Shower

Skiing

Strike it

Super Action Soccer

(** = have but with watermark)

There has been a bit of interest in the cart scans so here they are for you to browse. If you can help me replace any of the low quality ones, please do.

carts.zip

If you have any of these please help me put and scan them.

• 4 weeks later...

So....no help huh?

Oh well, I released the CV Gamebase as it is. I will release an update when (or if) I get the missing scans. Here is a list of missing items, if anyone can help me out with scans please PM me or post here.

Missings list

Manuals

2010 "Engineering Repair Card"

Alcazar - The Forgotten Fortress

Amazing Bumpman

Aquattack

Boulder Dash

Cosmic Crisis

Dance Fantasy

*Evolution

Meteoric Shower

*Motocross Racer

Robin Hood

Rock 'n' Bolt

Sewer Sam (poster side missing)

Skiing

Strike It!

Super Action Soccer

Tank Wars

Tournament Tennis

Box

Amazing Bumpman

Cosmic Crisis

Linking Logic

Skiing

Strike It!

Word Feud

Overlay

Super Action Soccer

Cart

Alcazar

Amazing Bumpman

Boulder Dash

Learning With Leeper**

Meteoric Shower

Skiing

Strike it

Super Action Soccer

And for the people that want to download the CV GB (or grab the manuals out of it) there are Direct Download Links and a torrent link (UndergroundGamer) here..

http://www.gb64.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4298

I should mention that Amazing Bumpman, Cosmic Crisis, Skiing and Strike It! were all Telegames releases, and as far as I know did not come in a real box. Well, actually, they came in plastic boxes that had all the same generic artwork on them, aside from the game name logo.

Also, there was never an official overlay for Super Action Soccer. eColeco.com did release their own for that game, but it was really a "homebrew" overlay.

And finally, good luck finding the cart for Meteoric Shower. Those Bit Corp titles (the others being Tank Wars and Cosmic Crisis) are the rarest of the rare. You're more likely to find a repro in the wild. :)

I don't know if this is what you're lookin' for, but I scanned the following in quite some time ago:

Not really what I am looking for but very cool none the less. :cool:

I should mention that Amazing Bumpman, Cosmic Crisis, Skiing and Strike It! were all Telegames releases, and as far as I know did not come in a real box. Well, actually, they came in plastic boxes that had all the same generic artwork on them, aside from the game name logo.

Also, there was never an official overlay for Super Action Soccer. eColeco.com did release their own for that game, but it was really a "homebrew" overlay.

And finally, good luck finding the cart for Meteoric Shower. Those Bit Corp titles (the others being Tank Wars and Cosmic Crisis) are the rarest of the rare. You're more likely to find a repro in the wild. :)

Thanks alot for the info.

Does anyone have a photo or scan of the "plastic boxes that had all the same generic artwork on them".

And so I am clear, those 3 Bit Corp games were all released by Bit Corp and then rereleased by Telegames USA, Right?

This first

post-15767-1247879151_thumb.jpg

then this

post-15767-1247879191_thumb.jpg

Correct?

Does anyone have a photo or scan of the "plastic boxes that had all the same generic artwork on them".

I have it, but I don't have a scanner at home.

And so I am clear, those 3 Bit Corp games were all released by Bit Corp and then rereleased by Telegames USA, Right?

That's correct. :)

Anyone try "Buck Rogers" for the ADAM? Does it play as sweet as it looks in that screenshot?

Buck Rogers Super Game was the pack-in game with the ADAM, so anyone who owned (or still owns) an ADAM probably played with Buck Rogers.

It's much better than the regular CV version, but it has the same problems too: It's still hard to gauge distances with the pseudo-3D view, and collision detection between your shots and enemies still feels a bit random at times.

Still, it's a great game. :)

EDIT: Hey wait a minute, I just looked at the Buck Rogers screenshot in the scan... The ADAM game doesn't look like that! Wasn't that a pic taken from the actual arcade game???

Edited by Pixelboy

While thinking about this it occures to me that other Telegames releases did have boxes. Are you sure that these three did not?

EXAMPLE:

post-15767-1248018677_thumb.png

post-15767-1248018701_thumb.png

post-15767-1248018727_thumb.png

While thinking about this it occures to me that other Telegames releases did have boxes. Are you sure that these three did not?

Telegames did boxes for those three games, and also for Motocross Racer and Tournament Tennis, but got cheap and sloppy afterwards, to save money on packaging, no doubt.

The odd thing is that the Buck Rogers TV show was still a current thing during that era, yet, correct me if I'm wrong, the Arcade and Coleco games had nothing to do with the series.

Correct. The game is known in Japan as Zoom 909 (I've played the SG-1000 version on Meka), and they stuck the Buck Rogers license on it for the stateside arcade game. Hence the full title "Buck Rogers - Planet of Zoom". :)

Telegames did boxes for those three games, and also for Motocross Racer and Tournament Tennis, but got cheap and sloppy afterwards, to save money on packaging, no doubt.

You can also add "Kung Fu Superckicks" :)

The odd thing is that the Buck Rogers TV show was still a current thing during that era, yet, correct me if I'm wrong, the Arcade and Coleco games had nothing to do with the series.

Correct. The game is known in Japan as Zoom 909 (I've played the SG-1000 version on Meka), and they stuck the Buck Rogers license on it for the stateside arcade game. Hence the full title "Buck Rogers - Planet of Zoom". :)

Interesting. I wonder if maybe the licensing for just the name "Buck Rogers" was something that could be obtained separately from, and thus cheaper than, the licensing to do a tie-in with the TV show. Thus, they could capitalize on whatever popularity the show had without having to pay for it.

Interesting. I wonder if maybe the licensing for just the name "Buck Rogers" was something that could be obtained separately from, and thus cheaper than, the licensing to do a tie-in with the TV show. Thus, they could capitalize on whatever popularity the show had without having to pay for it.

Buck Rogers existed long before the TV show starring Gil Gerard. It's really an american icon, like Flash Gordon and Superman. Check Wikipedia for more info. :) Getting a license for Buck Rogers is probably a delicate and costly proposition, regardless of the TV show.

You can also add "Kung Fu Superckicks" :)

Ah yes, forgot that one. I stand corrected. :)

Buck Rogers existed long before the TV show starring Gil Gerard. It's really an american icon, like Flash Gordon and Superman.

You think I didn't know this? It is precisely because Buck Rogers pre-dates the Gil Gerard show that I thought licensing the use of the name might be an easy way of cashing in on the show's popularity without paying the show's producers. That is to say, use of the name by itself may have been something that could have been authorized by the owners of the original franchise, without the makers of the TV show having anything to say about it. I expect this is probably how it went down.