IGNORED

my first batariBasic game

elad

Hi everyone I've been working on my first game for the 2600 for a while now and I think its just about ready for a proper release.

The game is called GHOST MAZE and the aim of the game is to collect the four magical items hidden throughout the maze and return to the entrance,

along the way you may also find a sword and a sheild that will help you against the radioactive ghosts that gaurd the maze.

I would realy apreaciate any feedback you could give, any bug reports/ suggestions , ect.

Also if anyone has access to a rewritable cart I would love to know how it runs on the actual hardware, unfortuanatly I dont yet have the hardware to

test this for myself

ghostmaze1.png

ghostmaze2.png

ghostmaze3.png

edit: heres the new rom: ghostmaze.bin

ghostmazeold.bin

Edited by elad

I'll have to try it out when I get home from work later. I don't have a cartridge to put my stuff on either. One thing I do not to test if something is good is run the game in Stella. Then hit the ` key. This will bring up the debugger. You can then go frame by frame with the Frame+ button and see if your scanlines are getting a constant 262 (NTSC).

Wow, the maze is big. I'll have to break out the ol' graph paper! I think it would be more fun if there were different types of enemies (or even color / speed) and some that would chase you from room to room. I'll play some more later and try to find the other objects. We can always use more Adventure games!

thanks for the feed back.

yuppicide i did not know about the debug screen although thats probably because i was still using v1.4.1.

the scan lines are staying at 262 so thats good however im from australia so will it make a difference running the game on a pal console?

Byte Knight there isnt room in the rom at the moment to add new enemies (0 bytes free) and I want to keep it inside 4k to make making my own carts easyer, however if the ghosts are to easy to avoid changing the left dificulty setting should make them move almost twice as fast.

You need to tell bB you're using PAL. For PAL you should be at 312 scanlines.

See here how to set PAL.

http://www.randomterrain.com/atari-2600-me...ommands.html#tv

yuppicide i did not know about the debug screen although thats probably because i was still using v1.4.1.

the scan lines are staying at 262 so thats good however im from australia so will it make a difference running the game on a pal console?

Byte Knight there isnt room in the rom at the moment to add new enemies (0 bytes free) and I want to keep it inside 4k to make making my own carts easyer, however if the ghosts are to easy to avoid changing the left dificulty setting should make them move almost twice as fast.

You need to tell bB you're using PAL. For PAL you should be at 312 scanlines.

See here how to set PAL.

http://www.randomterrain.com/atari-2600-me...ommands.html#tv

cool thanks for the info ill be reading through that today. I also managed to save 196 bytes by removing pf_scroll from the includes file (thanks again to ipaler_26 for the tip) so I should be able to at least add one more type of enemy to help make things more interesting.

Cool!

Is this a Pac-Man sequel?

It plays like a cross between pac and adventure.

Wp

its meant to be more of an adventure sequal than a pac man sequal but the ghost is moddeled on the pacman ghosts

alright i added a few dragons to the game they dont move any faster in the higher dificulty setting but they will kill you instantly, otherwise there just a different sprite for the ghost.

if you guys think the dragon makes this look a little to copywrite infringing let me know and ill change it to somthing a bit different.

the new rom is attached to the original post in this thread.