IGNORED

Michael Jackson: A gaming retrospective

Hi guys,

I raise my "Thriller" Album & "Moonwalker" game for the Sega Genesis with pride!!

Thank you Michael Jackson for the memories. My you moonwalk pass St. Peter at the gates of Heaven.

Anthony....

ummm, after he molested those kids, Im not sure he's going to pass any golden gates!

I played mj's moonwalker on mame yesterday in dedication to him!

Hi guys,

I raise my "Thriller" Album & "Moonwalker" game for the Sega Genesis with pride!!

Thank you Michael Jackson for the memories. My you moonwalk pass St. Peter at the gates of Heaven.

Anthony....

ummm, after he molested those kids, Im not sure he's going to pass any golden gates!

Whether or not he molested those kids,i personally believe he didnt,just extortion,he shouldnt have had kids in his bed either,bad decisions.Anyway,regardless of the accusations,Michael did alot of good through his selfless charity work,something alot of folks fail to remember.I'm pretty sure he was an Atari fan,heard that also,he was a kid at heart,too kind,that was his unfortunate downfall AFAIC.Theres alot of false accusations nowadays,especially if you're filthy rich,I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Edited by Rik

Hi guys,

Anthony....

I think that was kind of cold, but nevermind.

Despite what he did, he was and forever be the king of pop.

Anthony....

Edited by fdurso224

Umm... No he won't. I don't know if he really did molest kids, but if evidence ever comes out that he did then he'll just be 'that dead pedophile' in my book. A wonderful music career can't make up for doing something like that.

Tempest

Hi,

Well, their is a difference on his music career and his personal life.

He did make a impact on music and the way we love him as a performer on stage. His personal life of course is a different story and debatable.

So yes, he is and forever be "The king of pop" (in music).

Anthony....

Edited by fdurso224

Hi,

He did make a impact on music and the way we love him as a performer on stage. His personal life of course is a different story and debatable.

Anthony....

Yes,exactly,couldnt agree more.There was never any proof of him molesting kids,like i said ill give the benefit of the doubt,just greedy parents AFAIC trying to extort money from him.But thats me,everyone has a right to believe what they want.And YES,he is the KING OF POP,no question about it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Rik

Can't say anything about his life. I think he was a great artist however.

Tonight I sang "Thriller" at a kareokee in his honor, and we sang other MJ songs.

Incredible musician. As the king of pop he lived eight years longer than the king of rock and roll. (Elvis who died at age 42)

Neither king outlived the King of Western Swing, Bob Wills, who died at the age of 70. (Western Swing was the early inspiration in the 30's and 40's for modern day rock, and the first style of music to have guitars with pickups on them.)

Umm... No he won't. I don't know if he really did molest kids, but if evidence ever comes out that he did then he'll just be 'that dead pedophile' in my book. A wonderful music career can't make up for doing something like that.

Tempest

not to derail the thread but how many people that tried suing him for molestation did he pay off? that says it all. I dont need proof. one kid even described his privates in great detail. paying them off simply means your guilty and you dont want to go through the burden of the court system. if he was innocent, he would have tried it in court had he thought he could win. some guy tried suing me for smashing his truck up when I didnt. a friend of mine did but he wanted to see me do time. the state offered me a deal: pay the damages and everything is dropped or go to trial and prove my innocence. I chose trial and got off because the proof was against the plaintiff. I then turned around and sued him and the state for wrongful prosecution. sweet victory.

Er...pedophiles don't exactly go out in the middle of the street to bang kids or anything (most are never discovered at all) Like I said though, if there's anything to it, like said above, he's rich, many rich people go through shit. I seriously hope there's nothing of it, but that won't change my opinions of him being one of the 80's greats, he was making awesome music videos when they were in their infancy and most people just showed their band playing with swirling colors or some such on it.

The 2600 came out in 79,so MJ was around 20-21 years old at the time.I do remember seeing a pic of him with some other kid playing Atari.I'm sure if it was mentioned to him he'd respond with fondness for the great Atari 2600!

Edited by Rik

Hi,

Anthony....

I agree man. I really do not know what he did or didn't do. I know a court of law found him not guilty but then again they also found O.J. not guilty so :ponder: Whatever the case may be as you just put it, he is and forever will be the king of pop :)

Tempest

not to derail the thread but how many people that tried suing him for molestation did he pay off? that says it all. I dont need proof. one kid even described his privates in great detail. paying them off simply means your guilty and you dont want to go through the burden of the court system. if he was innocent, he would have tried it in court had he thought he could win. some guy tried suing me for smashing his truck up when I didnt. a friend of mine did but he wanted to see me do time. the state offered me a deal: pay the damages and everything is dropped or go to trial and prove my innocence. I chose trial and got off because the proof was against the plaintiff. I then turned around and sued him and the state for wrongful prosecution. sweet victory.

I'm not going into whether MJ is guilty or not, but paying a settlement is not always a sign of guilt. Many times, the lawyers fees for the length of the trial is not worth the expense, time and stress of a trial for BOTH sides, and a compromise is reached. Not to say MJ is innocent or guilty, but there are also many innocent people (like me :( ) who are sued many times and end up forking over $$$ to settle a claim. I HATE IT :x , but looking at the overall picture, it's the best decision. (even if I have plenty of solid evidence to back me up) Maybe it was the same for MJ, who knows? :ponder:

You must have gone to small claims court or have a lucky lawyer who decided to take this case pro-bono, and the amount of cash was small enough to warrant fighting the case. Thousands of $$ is much different from millions of $$$.

I will remember MJ for his significant contributions to the music world. Having lived through his Thriller days, I don't recall ever seeing another pop star as huge as he was since that time. It's unfortunate that he had his demons that brought him down and overshadowed his talent, but his music, videos, dancing, influence, etc will live on... :sad:

Tempest

I'm not going into whether MJ is guilty or not, but paying a settlement is not always a sign of guilt. Many times, the lawyers fees for the length of the trial is not worth the expense, time and stress of a trial for BOTH sides, and a compromise is reached. Not to say MJ is innocent or guilty, but there are also many innocent people (like me :( ) who are sued many times and end up forking over $$$ to settle a claim. I HATE IT :x , but looking at the overall picture, it's the best decision. (even if I have plenty of solid evidence to back me up) Maybe it was the same for MJ, who knows? :ponder:

You must have gone to small claims court or have a lucky lawyer who decided to take this case pro-bono, and the amount of cash was small enough to warrant fighting the case. Thousands of $$ is much different from millions of $$$.

I will remember MJ for his significant contributions to the music world. Having lived through his Thriller days, I don't recall ever seeing another pop star as huge as he was since that time. It's unfortunate that he had his demons that brought him down and overshadowed his talent, but his music, videos, dancing, influence, etc will live on... :sad:

Very,very well said!!!!!!!!,atarian1

Edited by Rik