opcode

Donkey Kong Arcade (ColecoVision)

And I am curious if we will see even one game release this year . There have been no color line ports released either . I remember reading he could release 12 - 15 a year but this year is almost over with zero . What about games like DKA , Ladubug , and there were others he said were close to done last year . Crossing my fingers .

And I am curious if we will see even one game release this year . There have been no color line ports released either . I remember reading he could release 12 - 15 a year but this year is almost over with zero . What about games like DKA , Ladubug , and there were others he said were close to done last year . Crossing my fingers .

I'm still waiting for Opcode to restock Bosconian and Warp Warp; both games were suppose to be available back in February.

Opcode could also just be busy with its IntelliXpander(sp?) project for the Intellivision. They're also porting a handful of games to support the new expansion module, which is probably very time consuming.

In either case - I'm sure Opcode will eventually get caught up and not only release the rest of its color line, but DKA as well.

Edited for spelling Edited by ColecoGamer

Ok, quick update.

The reason for the delays this year is mostly due to the Coleco drama that unfolded a few months back. The good news is that we got very near to 400 preorders in the current 4th run. Manufacturing has started. But the extra time required to redesign things delayed the modules and games a bit. We prefer to release things in batches, because of all the logistic involved. So Pac-Man DX releases around the same time as the SGM, with Donkey Kong following next. I made a sizeable investiment in DK already, I am surely not going to through all of that away.

Ok, quick update.
The reason for the delays this year is mostly due to the Coleco drama that unfolded a few months back. The good news is that we got very near to 400 preorders in the current 4th run. Manufacturing has started. But the extra time required to redesign things delayed the modules and games a bit. We prefer to release things in batches, because of all the logistic involved. So Pac-Man DX releases around the same time as the SGM, with Donkey Kong following next. I made a sizeable investiment in DK already, I am surely not going to through all of that away.

Cool man, thanks for the update.

Ok, quick update.

Congrats on making nearly 400 pre-orders for the current 4th run of the SGM. And thank you for updating us on Pac-Man DX and Donkey Kong Arcade!

So correct me if I'm wrong but there have been no pre-sales yet for DK or Pac-Man correct? I didn't miss an opportunity to get those did I?

DK went on sale, but was refunded. 

Those that ordered and refunded are one pre-order list. 

Those that ordered and refunded are one pre-order list. 

Oh ok. Not sure how I missed that but may have been a while ago. Here's hoping more can be added to that waitlist!

I wasn't refunded. I don't know what the reasoning was for it though. As long as I get my game I'll be happy.

What is the likely hood of Nintendo sending a cease and desist order on this version of Donkey Kong? 

Thought of this scene for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS3612EIcF4

I hope they find a way to release this under the radar. 

What is the likely hood of Nintendo sending a cease and desist order on this version of Donkey Kong?

Probably much higher when you put all those words together in a public forum post ;)

If he hurries up and releases it we won't have to worry about this .

Gosh, I hope Opcode isn't printing new boxes and manuals just to remove the word Colecovision from it. Seems like a huge expense. Why not just put a piece of black tape over the word? A collector could easily peal the tape away after they have it. I'm sure there is more to it than that. 

Hope I'm 'not stepping on toes' here but Ed is in Brazil now visiting his wife so cut them a little slack.  I'm sure in a week or so there will be updates.

Hope I'm 'not stepping on toes' here but Ed is in Brazil now visiting his wife so cut them a little slack.  I'm sure in a week or so there will be updates.

See I didn't know that. Thanks for the update.

Any updates?

From my 'very limited' knowledge on the subject... (and don't take my word on it).  But I think Ed goes to Brazil for about a month - which means he should be home 'now'.  I'm hoping for an update later this week also.