opcode

Donkey Kong Arcade (ColecoVision)

1 hour ago, Serguei2 said:

I agree. Just drop Donkey Kong Arcade and pick a non-Nintendo arcade instead.

Um, yeah no, pretty sure that's not what he meant.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2019 at 2:01 AM, opcode said:

No problem. It is my best interest to keep everybody happy.

The safest route might involve changing the game name, removing any mentions of my name and opcode from the game and packaging. And coming up with a totally different packaging in fact. Now that would be a shame because it means I will have to throw away hundreds of boxes I printed years ago in premium silver style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe for some unknown reason your regular game price is 20 u.s.d. higher than normal, and in some mysterious way a Premium Silver Style Donkey Kong box was included in postbox, who put it there will be a big mystery, maybe a postal  worker, maybe the angry lady at customs, or perhaps it was Jumpman himself ;) 

24 minutes ago, Serguei2 said:

Probably the best thing to do.

This conversation isn’t going anywhere, so let’s just leave it here. Thanks for the feedback 

Whatever happened to this ? I was on the pre-order list about five or six years ago in this thread looks like it ended a year ago did this ever happen is it going to come out?

Whatever happened to this ? I was on the pre-order list about five or six years ago in this thread looks like it ended a year ago did this ever happen is it going to come out?

Suggestion: subscribe to our email list. ;)

http://opcodegames.com/WebApp/EmailRegistration.html

Latest UPDATE: got a new sound tool that allows me to better reproduce analog sound using the SGM. Now using that to improve DKA analog sound stuff, which was sort of not great before. That delayed the game a couple of months, but still expecting to have it out before the end of the year with Pac-Man DX, Moon Cresta, and Gradius re-release. And with the new tools, which allowed me to port Moon Cresta/Eagle in just 3 weeks, I am all for arcade ports from now on. 

Opcode when you say Gradius re-release are you talking about just a releasing the same game and not necessarily one that has been enhanced with any of your new tools?  I have your previous Gradius but if you were going to enhance it I want to be sure to buy that.  I assume its just a reprinting of the previous release on it?

Hearing you are all about arcade ports is the best news for me!!  I am hoping to see some great ones, have you decided which ones and order you are going to do them?

Will any of your games come in those luxurious gate fold boxes?

Opcode when you say Gradius re-release are you talking about just a releasing the same game and not necessarily one that has been enhanced with any of your new tools?  I have your previous Gradius but if you were going to enhance it I want to be sure to buy that.  I assume its just a reprinting of the previous release on it?

Hearing you are all about arcade ports is the best news for me!!  I am hoping to see some great ones, have you decided which ones and order you are going to do them?

Will any of your games come in those luxurious gate fold boxes?

Same Gradius, just a re-release.
Other than Gradius we want to have DKA, Pac-Man DX, and Moon Creta all out this year with the SGM 5th run. All but DKA are premium packaging.
But there is one more thing that we will announce soon, not a game or hardware, but something to enhance the experience that Grazi has been working feverishly. :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I can't wait to hear and see what Grazi has been working on, she is not visible enough on this board.. 

I have to say your premium packaging is what always sells me on your releases, I love the gate fold with the magnets..

I found this video... sounds like someone improved the game sound... I have a feeling it is close now...

• Like 9

Looks fantastic!  Not sure if I recall correctly but Is this still being considered being released as a swap (ie the purchaser needs to supply the old DK game?)

15 hours ago, Loafer said:

Looks fantastic!  Not sure if I recall correctly but Is this still being considered being released as a swap (ie the purchaser needs to supply the old DK game?)

Either swap or bare PCB.

BIG UBER MEGA UPDATE: It is a wrap! After 10+ years, DKA is done! Next steps: final QA, alpha test, then beta test.

For all the supporters who never lost faith, thank you so much, you are the reason I took this to the finish line. ❤️

For those who had already lost faith, well, good things happen sometimes. 🌟

For all SGM owners who bought the module to play this game, I am glad that I will soon be fulfilling my promise to you, and I hope that all of you find that the wait was worth it. 🕹️

And finally for the naysayers, loved that I could prove you wrong. 😉

As for me, I wish that once the game is out of the door, I never have to touch it ever again.... 😝

END OF LINE.....

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4

Nice job Eduardo!!!!

Hopefully there is still a way to buy some misc. random red clear shells for those of us who had preordered them ;)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, opcode said:

Either swap or bare PCB.

BIG UBER MEGA UPDATE: It is a wrap! After 10+ years, DKA is done! Next steps: final QA, alpha test, then beta test.

For all the supporters who never lost faith, thank you so much, you are the reason I took this to the finish line. ❤️

For those who had already lost faith, well, good things happen sometimes. 🌟

For all SGM owners who bought the module to play this game, I am glad that I will soon be fulfilling my promise to you, and I hope that all of you find that the wait was worth it. 🕹️

And finally for the naysayers, loved that I could prove you wrong. 😉

As for me, I wish that once the game is out of the door, I never have to touch it ever again.... 😝

END OF LINE.....

Best news of 2020, and we could sure as hell use some.  Congratulations man, its been a long, hard road for you I know but here's proof that hard work and perseverance pays off.  

Looking forward to finally being able to get my copies. 

• Like 1

Best news of 2020, and we could sure as hell use some.  Congratulations man, its been a long, hard road for you I know but here's proof that hard work and perseverance pays off.  

Looking forward to finally being able to get my copies. 

Thank you! I know you and many others have been patiently waiting (and waiting) for this game for a long time. So thank you for not loosing your faith and supporting me all these years. Hopefully this will be the first of many more to come in the next months and years.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mr. John ColecoVision said:

Congratulations, what a great day!!

Thank you John! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. John ColecoVision said:

Thank you for all of your games and hardware for this dear old system. Hoping you will still offer the SE version as I think I was on the list.haha

Unfortunately I can no longer offer the full SE as planned due to the problems I described last year or so. But I will make sure pre-orders get something special. 

• Like 2

Just now, opcode said:

Unfortunately I can no longer offer the full SE as planned due to the problems I described last year or so. But I will make sure pre-orders get something special. 

That works and is completely understandable. It's insignificant really...just want to play your version, that's what's important.

• Like 1

That works and is completely understandable. It's insignificant really...just want to play your version, that's what's important.

Thank you again John.

Let me make a final update here, for those still following this thread:
Please consider subscribing to our newsletter:

http://opcodegames.com/WebApp/EmailRegistration.html

After almost 20 years as part of the AA forum community, I will be reducing my time here significantly. I want to increase my focus on game production, and the newsletter, upcoming club, and other channels are a better way to share and communicate with this community.

This is a difficult decision, but once you go the developer route, things get complicated. I must choose how to use my free time, because unfortunately I don’t have unlimited free time. So that is either coding or forum discussion. And we become a different class of forum user, one that must be extra careful about what to say, and even avoid posting opinion altogether in many topics. A little frustrating...

If you need, you can also contact me directly. Please don’t send me PM here, as I don’t check my message box frequently (and it is near full anyways).

Please send message to [email protected]

Grazi usually does a great job replying, especially now that she is home full time. You can mention that the message is directed to me, and she will let me know.

So yeah, game on. :)

Ed

• Like 1

"Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in."

This is great news! Congratulations! I've been waiting a long time for this.  I was just thinking of putting my "Yurkified" CV in the Marketplace due to lack of use.  Great reason to stick around!

Edited by Bartsfam
  • Like 1