IGNORED

Not the best idea I've ever had...

shadowdoggie

I had an extra Vader empty shell and decided that sometimes I wanted my Vader to look like a Storm Trooper. So, I spashed on some white paint and this is what I ended up with.

stormtrooper.jpg

Looks more like Darth Vader wearing a wool scarf :(

I haven't given up on the idea though. Think I'll start over and plan this out a little better before beginning again. Has anyone done the stormtrooper idea before?

Actually, I think it would look pretty cool if you could figure out a way to do the whole thing and re-decal it.

If you take a second whack at it, I'd suggest you use "vinyl dye". It's used frequently by the case-modding community for this kind of project, hardly adds any thickness (can be used for mated parts), and actually bonds with the plastic. You can pick it up at any auto store.

Thanks for the nice feedback guys.

As I was painting it I was thinking "This is cool, this is cool, this is cool...", but then I finished and wasn't as pleased. The idea was far greater than the execution in this case. I still have three more empty shells, so the stormtrooper idea will be next. Think I'll have that one professionally done if it doesn't cost too much. I'll post pictures when it's completed.