IGNORED

Unpacking my new Lynx FlashCard

jaguar_fan

THAT is slick packaging right there! well worth the wait! lynxman youve outdone yourself.

anyone know if we'll be able to put the board in a dummy lynx casing? might have to do some dremeling for the usb port.

but it'd be a shame to hide that tasty red board :P

That's really nice! :) Just recived my tracking number so I should have mine soon.

I noticed the static electricity warning on the manual in those pics. Does anyone know if static damage is a real concern? Do I need to be overly cautious when handeling?

I was under the impression that modern ICs were not anywhere near as suseptable to static damage as they used to be many years ago?

Edited by arkanoid

That's really nice! :) Just recived my tracking number so I should have mine soon.

I noticed the static electricity warning on the manual in those pics. Does anyone know if static damage is a real concern? Do I need to be overly cautious when handeling?

I was under the impression that modern ICs were not anywhere near as suseptable to static damage as they used to be many years ago?

That has nothing to do about how old the circiuts are. Its only about the Type (40xx would be damage easier as other Types)

As i made lynxopoly i dont discharge me every time i use the card.

The main thing is: dont go over a carpet. That will charge you.

Be careful with handling. The components are not filled with plastic, glue, lacquer or something.

If you use the whole to remove it, and insert it by holding it on the edge, there should be no problems with the card.

and....I dont have carpets :)

regards

Matthias

It is just a warning. (And as far as i know the Skunkboard have some ESD Warning inside the manual.)

It is always a good idea if you handle with electronic components or PCBs to give some attention to the ESD.

My Prototype Boards are all still running, and at the beginning sometimes my firmware have done some stuppid thinks like access to the FlashRom while insert into the Lynx. This is not funny if 2 output lines drive different signal value... But they still running.

I just paid for mine. How long did you have to wait from payment to receiving it? I can't wait :D

You are from Australia. I think there is no place on earth which is more far away from Germany. :D Maybe it need some years! Or maybe days. :D

develop a game... or load a rom and play it! :)

I had the entire collection minus the super rare one T-tris and Mini Golf. I tried coding in high school, not so good at it. But for some reason I am still compelled to buy a Flashcart.

I had the entire collection minus the super rare one T-tris

T-Tris rare? Are you joking? Dont trust what ppl claim on ebay.

You can still buy it (no only) from the authors.

I had the entire collection minus the super rare one T-tris and Mini Golf. I tried coding in high school, not so good at it. But for some reason I am still compelled to buy a Flashcart.

Super rare T-tris and Mini Golf?

I don´t think that they are super rare.

I got T-tris and Mini Golf at the 16/32 webshop some Month ago.

Super rare T-tris and Mini Golf?

I don´t think that they are super rare.

I got T-tris and Mini Golf at the 16/32 webshop some Month ago.

Maybe its just more a matter of me being cheap :)