IGNORED

Catch A Coin

Animan

Another little fun, 2k game i made in my spare time. Unlike the previous game, Endless Road, this one is far more complete.

How To Play:

-Clouds are moving up in the sky, moving the coin bad high in the sky. You are the pot, trying to catch the bag. You move wherever the bag moves. Watch out for the snake in the middle, he'll make you lose all your points.

-5 points for a bag.

-Bonus points for the coinbag touching the Snake.

-Pause the game with the B/W switch.

UPDATE: Minor update to the game. Your speakers will be filled with cleverly placed noises, including the lower the coin bag is, the higher the pitch of the background noise is.

UPDATE2: Added a few more things The Snake now goes somewhere random every time you catch the coin!

UPDATE3: Minor update again. Now the game pauses when you die, so you can take note of the score.

Also, Am i the only 13 year old here?

27e29eb084.png

Catch_A_Coin.bin

Catch_A_Coin_v2.bin

Catch_A_Coin_v3.bin

Catch_A_Coin_v4.bin

Edited by Animan

hey, simple but fun...

maybe the speed should be progressive, as I am crosseyed after playing a couple of min, lol

we are all 13 here, somewhere :ponder:

I'll try to do that. But i only got 150 bytes left. But i'll try.

Nice game! maby you could move the snake randomly on the x coordinate?

WOW you are 13 and already programming! Programming the Atari 2600!!!

Your parents should be proud. XD but i am 15 lol

Nice game! maby you could move the snake randomly on the x coordinate?

WOW you are 13 and already programming! Programming the Atari 2600!!!

Your parents should be proud. XD but i am 15 lol

Well, my dad's a long time programmer, so it must be in the blood lol.

• 2 weeks later...

The background colors are strobing a bit too much for my taste, and sometimes there isn't enough contrast between the background and the bucket. The game is also a bit hard for me, but most games are.

Two must do's:

Have the reset switch start/restart the game the same way the joystick button does. Actually, the game should completely reboot any time the Select switch is pressed, and restart any time reset pressed (this is standard for Atari games).

Set PF0 to make walls to the left and right of the screen (currently you have an empty space that can't be entered, walls would be more intuitive).

Once it's complete, this will definitely be worth putting on a cart.

• 1 month later...

I thought I would let you know that I just loaded your game up on my Atari 2600 via supercharger. It is very fun and works well!

I like the falshing colors because when they are the same it kinda creates a 'blind mode'.

I thought I would let you know that I just loaded your game up on my Atari 2600 via supercharger. It is very fun and works well!

I like the falshing colors because when they are the same it kinda creates a 'blind mode'.

Nice to know my first game lives on. Until now, i thought the flashing lights was a mistake, but now it seems it is still neat to have.

• 11 years later...

ZeroPage Homebrew will be playing Catch A Coin on tomorrow's (Fri Oct 23) stream LIVE on Twitch at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 1AM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

Games:

(SET VIDEO TO 1080P60 FOR FULL QUALITY)

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew