IGNORED

FS: New CV Release - FIREMAN ! 2nd run? Pls read

coleconut

I've finally manage to do a montage with your presentation about some rare systems and the story behind this fireman game.

There is a HD button if you want a better image quality.

hi... :)

After having seen the video of notably fireman,

I came to think about whether there might have been made an overlay for this game (Water-connect).

Or is it just the two side-keys there are used.

Ole Nielsen.

FAQ to answer some questions I have been asked.

Q. How many were made?

A. I ordered 50 cartridges total made and 25 boxes in total.

Of these 25 boxed and 25 unboxed, I offered 20 of each here.

Remaining copies are - 1 for me to keep , remainder either sold at ADAMCon last weekend or a couple were given to contributors to the project.

I'm not going to order any more made - I'd love to but it wouldnt be fair to those that purchased these ones to all of a sudden say "Hey theres another hundred on the way..."

Q. Where's the manual?

A. No manual as such, I tried to keep to the true Cooper Black style by putting bad English instructions on the reverse of the box. No offense intended to any group, I had a lot of fun with that.

Q. What's with the 9.99 price tag

A. Every box will have one. My sense of humour, hope you get a smile out of it too.

Q. Is this your first release? When's your next one?

A. :) Yes to the first question. Dunno to the next one. I had an absolute blast with this one and would love to be part of a similar project. I came up with the concept, yes I "borrowed" the style of the box. I charged my son-in-law with the artwork, this was about the 4th iteration - my only instructions were to make it "retro-like" looking and I had him tweak it a few times. A few good friends helped, already named above. Contact me if you want to discuss a similar project.

Q. I only see X number of PM's sent to you, why are you now saying the CIB is all spoken for?

A. Not everyone who PM'd me also left a message in the thread that they PM'd me, in fact the majority didnt. CIB was all spoken for in less than 24 hrs. I created a waitlist for those who want to see if someone doesnt follow thru. Everyone in the waitlist is also reserved a loose copy if they want.

Again ALL CIB are spoken for, there is a waitlist of about a dozen people for CIB, and almost all the loose are spoken for, there may be one or two left at time of writing.

Since I've 4 copies for sale that I supposed to put on Auction site....

After thinking about it...

I don't like the fact that some users only buy Homebrew to put them at higher prices on Ebay (Take Pac Man Collection as a good example) so...

I decide to help AA user who miss the chance to get it cause I received a bunch of email asking me to sell my copies to them

At this point, all my copies are sold-out too

Congrats to those who got in on this! Just got back from a break from the PC to find I missed it!

Oh well, hopefully a ROM image of this will be made available eventually! Would love to play it!

And for those who don't already know, ColecoNut is one of those rare gems in the Adam/ColecoVision community that is a real joy to work with on all fronts. :) I bought some CIB games from him a while back-- A+ top notch guy!

Murph

Ok, I'm gonna toss this out and see where it lands.

I am considering a 2nd small run on this CIB version. In an attempt to be fair to the current purchasors, I am thinking of changing the box colour.

Owners of the red box will still have something unique but gosh, there are several of you who I'd like to see get one - guys who I have dealt with in the past buying and selling - many I know wont turn around and Ebay them but wanted one but except for a matter of minutes or hours just missed out by a hair.

If you have a loose (or will get one soon), you could get box only - and cheap to ship if I mail flat.

What's the consensus on this? I want to be fair to all.....

• Like 1

Ok, I'm gonna toss this out and see where it lands.

I am considering a 2nd small run on this CIB version. In an attempt to be fair to the current purchasors, I am thinking of changing the box colour.

Owners of the red box will still have something unique but gosh, there are several of you who I'd like to see get one - guys who I have dealt with in the past buying and selling - many I know wont turn around and Ebay them but wanted one but except for a matter of minutes or hours just missed out by a hair.

If you have a loose (or will get one soon), you could get box only - and cheap to ship if I mail flat.

What's the consensus on this? I want to be fair to all.....

I think you should make an identical run. If you do a box with a different color a lot of the collectors will try to get the second color to own both. We collectors are a strange species:)

I think you should make an identical run. If you do a box with a different color a lot of the collectors will try to get the second color to own both. We collectors are a strange species:)

I completely agree with Marc. The box color should be the same, especially if the second run is as small as the first one.

Yes, I agree that for the second run everything should be the same, but to keep the "value" of the first run - assuming that's important - just put a "Second Edition" print or sticker on the box and cartridge. It's just like they do with books. If maintaining "value" is not that important - and personally I don't see why it should be since I assume you're charging the same price - then making everything exactly the same will not be an issue.

I'm obviously a big-time collector - never a seller - but also a player, so it's important for me to just have a nice boxed copy any way I can get it. I don't care if it's the same or different, but I just would prefer the presentation with the box. Worst case, as I believe it's important to support things like this regardless, I would "settle" for a loose cartridge.

Edited by Bill_Loguidice

Personally I think the second box run should be identical - I agree with the others that different boxes will just create a demand from collectors wanting both versions and will probably result in some over inflated eBay auctions. I didn't buy the CIB so that I could be part of an exclusive club with only one of 20 with an uber rare box - it's just that, like many here, I collect CIB CV games and desperately wanted Fireman with the box. Whether 19 others or several hundred have an identical box is irrelevant to me. In fact I think it's a great idea to do another print run - there are lots of great CV collectors out there and I would rather see them get a CIB at the release price than be forced to try to pick one up in a frenzied eBay auction.

I just wanted to let you know, I received my fireman cart today, the outside box looked like it went through a war zone (okay, maybe not that bad, but pretty beat up with the tape falling off.etc) Inside everything was okay, though you may want to use a different glue as the box became unglued, though I think I can figure out how to fix it.

enough complaining, the cart and box are great, the price tag through me, but I figured out what you were doing before I read the FAQ. It all looks good, and works well. Thank you for making this available.

thanks again

charles

Thanks for your feedback. Personal reply sent.

For others, my sincere apologies about the glue I used for the first half dozen shipped. It may turn out to be insufficient to hold long term. I did change glue to something stronger for later shipments. If it comes unglued, it should be a very simple matter to reglue it using white glue or equivalent.

As for the PO handling, you should note that I used as much cushioning as possible in all cases but what the PO does with it after that, I shudder to think......

David

I just wanted to let you know, I received my fireman cart today, the outside box looked like it went through a war zone (okay, maybe not that bad, but pretty beat up with the tape falling off.etc) Inside everything was okay, though you may want to use a different glue as the box became unglued, though I think I can figure out how to fix it.

enough complaining, the cart and box are great, the price tag through me, but I figured out what you were doing before I read the FAQ. It all looks good, and works well. Thank you for making this available.

thanks again

charles