IGNORED

The 1st game you loaded onto your Flashcard...

im_reg

Please post up which game you first tried out on your Flashcard.

My first Flashcard loaded game is ZAKU:

DSC01061.jpg

The game runs very well and is very detailed with nice use of colour and an excellent intro. There's no sound on the ROM I have. I do hope this game gets released soon.

Now which game shall I try next? Raiden or Eye of The Beholder Demo?

• Like 1

The first game loaded to the no. 1 Alpha FlashCard Prototyp was: Cyrstal Mines II, because i love this game!

Now which game shall I try next? Raiden or Eye of The Beholder Demo?

Next?

Hm, let me think about... hm... ah... OK, i have a idea:

Start Coding and load the V0.01 from your own Game! :cool:

Can't remember, but it was on of those :

Yastuna 2 The Space Incident or Yastuna 1 The Alchemy of cubes :D

During the AC show in France, new Flashcards bought here usually got A Bug's Lynx as first game downloaded :P

I forgot about the Lynx Bug. I'll get that added to my collection tonight. Thanks for the reminder Rygar!

Wasn't there supposed to be a surpise on these flashcarts? I don't have one yet, but I haven't heard anyone mention it yet. I do recall a batch being completed at a convention somewhere (not in the US). I also remember something being put on them, and we were told that they would be put on the released versions as well. Is this still the case? Or is this like the old days where you could only get something like that if you went to the convention (reminds me of limited edition Pokemons only from game conventions... lol)

Thanks!

I do recall a batch being completed at a convention somewhere (not in the US). I also remember something being put on them, and we were told that they would be put on the released versions as well.

I guess you are talking about the french AC show in April, where Lynxman sold the very first Lynxcard in direct (without manual). Cards were empty, but I proposed to all buyers to put them the last version of "A bug's Lynx", which was the game that won the 24h coding contest during the AC.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, what a wonderful invention this FlashCard is!! :D

First off, I gave Zaku a try. Looks very promising, and I can't wait until it gets finished and released.

Next, I played a few games of Clicks by Matthias Domin. I do love puzzle games!

Then, I popped in Karri's Solitare game. I played Klondike for a couple hours. This will be a great addition to the Lynx library, once all the card games are included. Spider Solitare! Yay!

After that, I started trying all sorts of stuff. I loaded Raiden, to see if the version Rygar had was the same buggy prerelease CES version I already have on a cart... and it is. I checked Rygar's EotB, to see if it's the same slideshow/demo I already have on cart... and it is.

And now, I'm gonna goof around with some of those demos I've only been able to see on Handy.

What fun this is! Thank you, Lynxman! :D

Cheers,

Smeg

Oh, what a wonderful invention this FlashCard is!! :D

[...]

What fun this is! Thank you, Lynxman! :D

Oh, i just switch the color of my skin to light red after reading your posting.

I am very happy to see the people have some fun to use the FlashCard.

I hope some of you start coding for the Lynx.

Kind Regards

Lynxman

I am very happy to see the people have some fun to use the FlashCard.

I hope some of you start coding for the Lynx.

Thanks for making this available Lynxman, this helped make my goal of last year come true (to have a flash solution for every Atari system except the ST.).

First game loaded was Battlezone so I could add some fun to the folks in the Lynx high score club.

As for programming, funny you should mention that,...

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=147679

Well... I tried Zaku first. Just to get a feel for the loader... and the Flashcard.

Then I loaded this sucker:

post-3390-1248833930_thumb.jpg

post-3390-1248833942_thumb.jpg

Man! I really need to learn how to do pictures. LOL

Well.. EOTB does actually run. Completely playable on the Flashcard.

Con: No saves... obviously.

And for this game you need to be able to save.

Handy... and running Handy on the PSP is the PERFECT solution if you don't have save capabilities. I've found that out! :)

Thus far... I'm really enjoying the flashcard!

I will need to read up some more on how to program and put this sucker to use!

Well... I tried Zaku first. Just to get a feel for the loader... and the Flashcard.

Then I loaded this sucker:

post-3390-1248833930_thumb.jpg

post-3390-1248833942_thumb.jpg

Man! I really need to learn how to do pictures. LOL

Handy... and running Handy on the PSP is the PERFECT solution if you don't have save capabilities. I've found that out! :)

Whou EOTB on the flashcart !

You are the best Eric !

Excellent news, Eric!

Now, you do know that this FlashCard has an EEPROM of 128 bytes, right? Of course, getting the program to recognize the EEPROM might take some doing, but at least the option is there.

Also, I just realized, this means you won't necessarily have to bring the original EotB cart to our event in September. A safer alternative.

Cheers,

Smeg

Now, you do know that this FlashCard has an EEPROM of 128 bytes, right? Of course, getting the program to recognize the EEPROM might take some doing, but at least the option is there.

Also, I just realized, this means you won't necessarily have to bring the original EotB cart to our event in September. A safer alternative.

Cheers,

Smeg

You are correct... a safer alternative to bringing the actual proto out to play.

However, it would have been Ironic if I could have bought the proto Tempest sold last year or so and brought it BACK to his house for people to play it. That wasn't in the cards though, as there was this thing called a wedding being planned. LOL (that and someone paid around $3-400 more than I was willing to)

Oh well.

I'd still like to know who ended up with the 3 playable character AvP proto and the different Dameonsgate cart.

I would love to add those to my protos...

• 5 years later...