IGNORED

LJK Letter Perfect 80 Column version CARTRIDGE

Does anyone have a cartridge dump of Letter Perfect (80 Column Version) by LJK?

Usually sold with the BIT3 Video card

I still manage to learn something new here almost every day -- didn't know there was a L.P. cartridge.

I've got a Bit-3, but rarely set up the 800. That Bit-3 board was something in its day, and still puts the XEP80 to shame (IMO). I still have fond memories of using the B-3/LP with my Amdek amber screen monitor.

-Larry

There was an 80 Column cartridge version but it was VERY rare (Check Atarimania)

Larry funny you should say that because I have that exact setup, a BIT3, Atari 800 and an Amdek 300 Green monitor (which I just got from a great guy on Craigslist for $40 these monitors are INCREDIBLY hard to find anymore for a reasonable price)

I bet a talented person could take the 40 column LP cart and make it work in 80 column.

According to the BIT3 manual there are like three bits that need to be changed in the Disk based LP so I would assume its similar for the cart based.

Or if someone could take the disc based 80 column version and rework it for a cartridge?!?

Any takers?

There was an 80 Column cartridge version but it was VERY rare (Check Atarimania)

Larry funny you should say that because I have that exact setup, a BIT3, Atari 800 and an Amdek 300 Green monitor (which I just got from a great guy on Craigslist for $40 these monitors are INCREDIBLY hard to find anymore for a reasonable price)

I bet a talented person could take the 40 column LP cart and make it work in 80 column.

According to the BIT3 manual there are like three bits that need to be changed in the Disk based LP so I would assume its similar for the cart based.

Or if someone could take the disc based 80 column version and rework it for a cartridge?!?

Any takers?

Or modify atariwriter 80 to flip into bit3....

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Makes me remember typing my senior high term papers on LP (although 40 cols only) and trying to understand the proprietary file system LP used to store docs. I think I was the only guy in my whole class to use word processing and probably even my school didn't have a word processor in 1985/6. Data Perfect kept track of my books and was it fast compared to SynFile!

Do I remember correctly that later versions of LP came on disc only. I vaguely remember changing to a disc based version which included a spelling checker.

It's funny how "writer's word processors" change back to a no-frills user interface much like LP's to keep you focused on writing rather than formatting options.

• 1 year later...

I patched the disk versions of Letter Perfect and Data Perfect for 80 columns (http://atariage.com/forums/topic/99666-ace80-xl/page-3?do=findComment&comment=1496090though not for Bit3).

Well hopefully with the 80 col LP cart on the way, then I just need a 80 col (Bit3) version of Dataperfect

When I was about 17 years old. (Around 1980ish) I was making a fortune (for a 17 year old in 1980) automating billing systems for all these businesses that had paper systems.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well hopefully with the 80 col LP cart on the way, then I just need a 80 col (Bit3) version of Dataperfect

When I was about 17 years old. (Around 1980ish) I was making a fortune (for a 17 year old in 1980) automating billing systems for all these businesses that had paper systems.

Have you confirmed your LP cart to be the 80 column version or regular one?

Sadly we are right in the middle of a move so it will be several months before we unpack the Atari stuff.

The seller did confirm it was an 80 col version of the cart. Just have to confirm now.

Hmmm, okay. I just received what I believe is the 80 column version in a light tan case. When you start the 800 with the cart plugged in, it just beeps at you :)

Think that means that it didn't find a 80 column card, I've dumped the ROM and it doesn't match what's on Atarimania. I'm running that through Dis6502 now to see what it's doing...

It came with a disk labeled "LP 80 ROM Disk printer editor v3.1". Still have to make some ATR's of the disks it came with...

• 6 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some of the disk based versions of LP do work with the Bit3 emulation in the Atari800 emulator.

You have to hold a key down on boot to select 80 cols (maybe Esc I forget).

I think the other LJK products are supposed to work in 80 cols but I never got them working.