IGNORED

The first game you played on your 2600

4Ks

I figured that the majority of the answers would be Combat, Because it was a Pack-in game.

Yep, that's what I played. I remember loving the fact it had so many different types of gameplay (tanks, ricochet tanks, biplanes, 3 planes vs. 1 giant plane, etc.). But our next purchase I totally fell in love with: ASTEROIDS!

On my *own* 2600 was Pitfall in 2005. My family didn't have a 2600 back in the day.

First 2600 game ever played was Combat at a friend's house. I was a little underwhelmed with that one at the time but love it today. However, as other games came along, I became a big-time fan.

Combat, like everyone else, back in 1980 or 1981 I think. We may have gotten Air-Sea Battle at the same time, but -- as another poster said -- when I was growing up even getting the VCS itself was a stretch for my family's budget.

(We did get more games before long, though. Sometime within the next year or so, my cousin allegedly found a cache of 20-30 games "by the side of the road" and gave them to us. Most, if not all, were earlyish first-party games like Circus Atari, Surround, et al. I don't know whether the story was true, or whether he obtained them through more dubious means, but either way I was psyched!)

Crystal castles... lastnight :D. i still cant figure it out tho, im a bear fighting some ghost things is a cave or something? i like retro games because they use more logic than gfx but this dosn't seem to have either XD. im sure il figure it out tho.

It's kind of like a 3D pacman with slightly awkward controls. You're in a castle filled with crystals, and you happen to play as a bear that loves him some crystals!

Crystal castles... lastnight :D. i still cant figure it out tho, im a bear fighting some ghost things is a cave or something? i like retro games because they use more logic than gfx but this dosn't seem to have either XD. im sure il figure it out tho.

It's kind of like a 3D pacman with slightly awkward controls. You're in a castle filled with crystals, and you happen to play as a bear that loves him some crystals!

oh... right! now i get it, so collect all the crystals and avoid the ghost things? that actuly dose sound like a good game :D thanxx

At home, Space Invaders, then Combat... those were my first two games. I don't actually know the first game I played, though. I was hanging out at the display at the local Sears, trying the various games, before I actually got my own.

Space Invaders. It was *THE* reason that I just *HAD* to have an Atari for my birthday that year. I remember tearing that box open and sitting there for hours that day playing space invaders. :)

That would have been cool. I didn't get to play Space Invaders until 1983, a year after I had an Atari 2600.

Donkey Kong. My cousin got it for Christmas, a couple of days before my grandfather died. While the family dealt with the funeral arrangements, we played Donkey Kong for hours. It helped me a kt to deal with the grief (I was eight). Later that same week, he got Air Sea Battle and Pac Man.

Thus, my love for video games was born.