IGNORED

Sega CD Model 1 Screw

Okay, perhaps this is an odd question....

Does anybody know where/how I could get a hold of the screw that was included with the Sega CD Model 1 that held the Genesis Deck to the mounting plate? My current model didn't come with one (as I bought it used), and the Genesis likes to slide around around (ever so slightly) when I insert or remove a game, which not only puts unnecessary strain on the EXT connector on the unit, but also is...well...annoying.

Are there, um, specifications on screws, so I could try to buy one at a hardware or specialty store? This is probably the dumbest question I've ever asked on here, but I can't seem to find a replacement screw on my own.

Your expertise is appreciated!

Steve

Not a dumb question at all, sadly I no longer have my Sega CD to check for you but I do have an idea.

You need to find an independently owned hardware store or a small chain store like Ace Hardware or True Value Hardware and take the unit there and explain what you are after, these types of hardware store will usually have open bins for the screws and you can take the time to find what fits correctly.

What you will probably need is a Phillips flat head machine screw.

Definitely not a dumb question, and I agree 100% with Kroogur. If it were me I would take it to my local Ace hardware store as they have bins full of every type of screw. I just took mine off to check it out, and it is definitely not anything special. Kroogur is correct that it is a phillips flat head machine screw. You should not have a problem finding one.

Chris

btw, does know what the sliding 'lock' switch does? on the left side of the model 1 sega cd.

I think its used to hold the mixing cable that came with the Sega CD, that you connect between the Sega CD and Genesis' headphone jack, so that it stays in place when you open the Sega CD tray.

I think its used to hold the mixing cable that came with the Sega CD, that you connect between the Sega CD and Genesis' headphone jack, so that it stays in place when you open the Sega CD tray.

that makes sense. i knew about the mixing cable itself, but never had it. thanks for the info.