IGNORED

Forgotten SNES fun

It's been awhile. I'd say a good 3+ years since any electricity ran thru the sucker. Anyway, the other night my Wife said she had not played Clay Fighter in a really long time. So, I hooked the SNES up, and we had at it.

For what it is and not taking anything seriously, we had a ball. Tactics like the usual armchair banter and the occasional "shove" to distract your opponent's concentration were the norm. We squared off against each other trying all the different characters in all the different battle rings. Great fun.

After enough punching and kicking at each other, we decided to race. So, I thru in Top Gear, which she promptly kicked my ass in the first race. Throttle, nitros, manual transmission, I have to say...not having played this in awhile, for me, it really holds up. A fun little racer title, which I had trouble putting down. I think we blasted something like 5 or 6 races before we called it quits.

Normally, after I hook up an older console, I dismantle everything and put away until we're ready for another "go". But, we had so much fun, I think I'm going to leave it out for awhile and try some other games. Zombies Ate My Neighbors is next.

Any SNES titles calling your names lately?

Top Gear is great, one of my favorite games of all time. I even have the music tracks from it on my Xbox and Xbox 360 along with the music to Sega's Outrun that I use for custom soundtracks in all my racing games on those consoles. :)

Man, I LOVE topgear, I get it for whatever I can find it for (the GBC one wasn't so hot, but it had the rumble thingy too) But 3000 for the SNES was my favorite, the music, and they had tunnels on there, whish I could find a copy to play, I'd love another go at this. It's also got the best Starfox game, and the Super Gameboy :P

Yeah, think I need to dig mine out and play some Mario, haven't actually had the system hooked up in over 8 years now :(

I'm not crazy about Top Gear 3000, though its a quality game.

For me, my favorites have been Lotus 1-2-3 and the spirtual sequel to those, Top Gear 1. Its been downhill from Top Gear 2 onwards, though theres been many good games (Neither of the SNES sequels in particular are bad games, they're just not as good in my opinion as the original).

After the SuperNes, they stopped feeling like the same series, though I've enjoyed Top Gear Rally 1 & 2 on the N64 (And the Game Boy Advance Top Gear Rally).

Edited by Atariboy

For me, my favorites have been Lotus 1-2-3 and the spirtual sequel to those, Top Gear 1. Its been downhill from Top Gear 2 onwards, though theres been many good games (Neither of the SNES sequels in particular are bad games, they're just not as good in my opinion as the original).

I found Top Gear 2 yesterday. Jumps, spin outs, buying upgrades...all cool features, but I agree...Top Gear 1 still is the better game. Still, we ripped it up and had fun with TG2, but there was something about TG1 that we both liked better.

Also picked up Chase HQ. Not bad, but only fun in short bursts. Crashing into your targets to pull them over is always fun! Didnt the arcade version allow a 2nd player to shoot at the enemy? To much info to ask of the SNES I guess?

My sister is bringing over Zombies Ate My Neighbors tonight. Should be an entertaining weekend!

After the SuperNes, they stopped feeling like the same series, though I've enjoyed Top Gear Rally 1 & 2 on the N64 (And the Game Boy Advance Top Gear Rally).

They made a version of "Lotus 123" for SNES?

3630476554_66af91a604.jpg

So, I played the crap out of Zombies Ate My Neighbors this weekend.

This maybe my new favorite SNES game! Honestly dont know why

I've never played this before. It very addictive, fun gameplay.

If you've never played this before, look it up. It's worth a purchase for sure.

I was referring to Gremlin's classic Lotus trilogy of racing games for the Amiga computers and CD32, not the computer application.

Top Gear is the 4th title in that series and used a new name after they decided not to renew their Lotus license for the branding of the series.

Edited by Atariboy

This weekend my sister brought over a sack of SNES titles. She knew I'd playing the SNES lately, and has not touched hers in a long while. The Zombies game is hers too. So, she brought them over for me to check out.

I grabbed the bag, reached in, and pulled out...Porky Pig's Haunted Holiday.

I groaned at first. And even started to put it back for "another try" at my first selection. But, I stayed true, and put it in the SNES.

Ok. So, its a pretty lame game. I decided to spend some time with it anyway instead of just brushing it off as a bad, boring game. And, you know what, it's an okay game. Its fun at times, frustrating at others, but overall okay. I not very far into it, so I'll play it more I'm sure. But, I'm glad it was free...not purchased.

I like the little touch they added if you dont move Porky after awhile. He fidgets, then theres a little animation where it looks like he wigs out with fear in the typical Looney Tunes fashion. It made me giggle.

Next...

Pacman 2: The New Adventures

Edited by The MilkMan

Next...

Pacman 2 is one of the most unique titles of the day, and you get a code to play Pac-man and Ms Pacman on there to (MSPCMND...I think, been tolong) Anyhow, all my friends thought it sucked back in the day, cause it's an atypical game, more akin to one of those Tomogatchi things, only it's fun and has an actual point to it.

Great game, not very long, but I bet you'll waste quieta few hours on that one :P

Next...

Pacman 2 is one of the most unique titles of the day, and you get a code to play Pac-man and Ms Pacman on there to (MSPCMND...I think, been tolong) Anyhow, all my friends thought it sucked back in the day, cause it's an atypical game, more akin to one of those Tomogatchi things, only it's fun and has an actual point to it.

Great game, not very long, but I bet you'll waste quieta few hours on that one :P

Well cool! Yeah, I plan on giving it a go. I have no instructions for any of these games. So online resources and good 'ol fumbling around will be my game.

I'll have to try that code out. Pretty groovy to have those games hidden in there!

Next...

Well cool! Yeah, I plan on giving it a go. I have no instructions for any of these games. So online resources and good 'ol fumbling around will be my game.

I'll have to try that code out. Pretty groovy to have those games hidden in there!

I actually kind of liked Pacman 2 and got very far in it until at one point it got too frustrating. I cant remember when.

Nowadays I usually play and replay the following: Super Castlevania, Prince of Persia, Act Raiser and any fighter type game like Final Fight, X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse or Street Fighter III.

I actually kind of liked Pacman 2 and got very far in it until at one point it got too frustrating. I cant remember when.

Nowadays I usually play and replay the following: Super Castlevania, Prince of Persia, Act Raiser and any fighter type game like Final Fight, X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse or Street Fighter III.

I have the X-men game...get to that pretty soon.

So what game would you advise if I'm looking for a 2 player (team not VS) side scroller beat 'em up?