IGNORED

Values of harder to find 2600 games.

Ack

Hey folks. Sorry for my first post being a big request like this, but I'm writing a piece on rare and valuable games for the Atari 2600, and I figured you would be the best to ask. I need the rough values for certain 2600 games. I've already got a rough idea of some of these, but I'd like to double check my figures. Here's the list of what I'm looking for:

Malagai

X-Man

Stronghold

Cake Walk

Vulture Attack

Condor Attack

Spider Maze

Swordquest: Waterworld

Berenstain Bears

Romox ECPC Cartridges

Video Life

Lochjaw

BMX Airmaster, Atari's release

Tooth Protectors

Mangia

Eli's Ladder

No, this isn't the complete list of what I'm writing for the article, but it includes the titles that I was having the most trouble with. I've got Birthday Mania down as having no known price, since there was only that one confirmed to exist here(anyone know if that rumor that Jerry Greiner has one is true?). So yeah...thanks very much for any help you guys are willing to provide. I really appreciate it, and I'm really grateful for this website. It's actually helped immensely whenever I've needed to know something about an Atari console.

You can buy a Videogame Collector magazine, they have a price guide in each issue. http://www.vgcollector.com/index.htm

From the magazine...

Malagai 500

X-Man 165

Stronghold 175

Cake Walk 150

Vulture Attack 175

Condor Attack 175

Spider Maze 175

Swordquest: Waterworld 85

Berenstain Bears 50

Romox ECPC Cartridges ?

Video Life 1000

Lochjaw 300

BMX Airmaster, Atari's release 300

Tooth Protectors 165

Mangia 750

Eli's Ladder 1400

All prices are USD and for loose carts, no box. Keep in mind that those are just the "book" values, and depending on the selling platform could vary widely.

So then their prices are off? By about how much, because the few that I'd found online tended to correspond to about there(though $900 was actually less than what I found for Air Raid...).

And I'm writing it for a website, not a magazine. But even if I could technically go back and edit it later, I'd like to get it right the first time, hence why I came here. I figured you guys would be the experts.

Stay clear of VG Collector Mag read this thread 1st and use another publication

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=135206

Ouch, that really sucks. Thanks for the head's up.

What website are you writing this article for, what are your credentials, and what is your contact information?

I write for a small-time, amateur operation called Racketboy.com, and I write under the name 'Ack.' I've been doing it for about a year now, though the only piece I've written on the Atari 2600 hasn't been published yet(the site owner, Racket, only puts out one piece per week, so it's currently in the queue). I've also done articles on Nintendo 64 fighting games, Sega Genesis and CD RPGs, Dreamcast survival horror games, as well as work on a couple of the flagship articles for the website, the Games That Defined series and the 101 series. For the 101 series, I've done such consoles as the Vectrex and the Channel F. When I finish with this, I'll probably be doing another 101 on the Virtua Boy or the 3DO, as well as starting work on a few other topics I've been thinking about.

As for contact information, I'd prefer not to post things like mailing address and phone number online, but I'll post an email address you guys can use to get in touch with me.

secret#agent#evan#@#gmail#.com

Remove the pound signs, of course. Does this work for you?

I did manage to find an index for the VGTrader magazine with back issues freely available on the web. It only goes up to issue 9 however, and I'm way too poor to pay for newer subscriptions, though it's nice enough I might order it when I've got the money.

Stay clear of VG Collector Mag read this thread 1st and use another publication

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=135206

Ouch, that really sucks. Thanks for the head's up.

What website are you writing this article for, what are your credentials, and what is your contact information?

I write for a small-time, amateur operation called Racketboy.com, and I write under the name 'Ack.' I've been doing it for about a year now, though the only piece I've written on the Atari 2600 hasn't been published yet(the site owner, Racket, only puts out one piece per week, so it's currently in the queue). I've also done articles on Nintendo 64 fighting games, Sega Genesis and CD RPGs, Dreamcast survival horror games, as well as work on a couple of the flagship articles for the website, the Games That Defined series and the 101 series. For the 101 series, I've done such consoles as the Vectrex and the Channel F. When I finish with this, I'll probably be doing another 101 on the Virtua Boy or the 3DO, as well as starting work on a few other topics I've been thinking about.

As for contact information, I'd prefer not to post things like mailing address and phone number online, but I'll post an email address you guys can use to get in touch with me.

secret#agent#evan#@#gmail#.com

Remove the pound signs, of course. Does this work for you?

I did manage to find an index for the VGTrader magazine with back issues freely available on the web. It only goes up to issue 9 however, and I'm way too poor to pay for newer subscriptions, though it's nice enough I might order it when I've got the money.

I can't help you much regarding rare games for the 2600, but I've enjoyed reading many of the articles on that site.

Malagai $310.00

X-Man $225.00

Stronghold $150.00

Cake Walk $100.00

Vulture Attack $150.00

Condor Attack $140.00

Spider Maze $130.00

Swordquest: Waterworld $70.00

Berenstain Bears $40.00

Romox ECPC Cartridges ???

Video Life ???

Lochjaw $40.00

BMX Airmaster, Atari's release $125.00

Tooth Protectors $100.00

Mangia $70.00

Eli's Ladder ???

JC

Atari2600.com

Hey Joe, I will take all the Lochjaws you have for $40 Each. :P I am sure He meant $400. I agree with Joe on most. Bmx and Mangia are a bit low and Xman is a bit high. :)

Ooops! Lochjaw at $400.00. CIB Mangia about $275.00 but the loose cart might actually be closer to about $50.00 loose. Atari BMX Airmaster NTSC cartridge could be up to $150.00 but that's all the money in the world.

JC

Funny the price differences in this thread. Racketboy.com is a pretty cool site though, have been reading it for a couple years now. I was wondering why it isn't updated more, why only one a week?

That's because up until recently, Racket was the one writing the majority of the articles, and since we're all amateurs he and his writers all hold other obligations. Most of us have jobs or school that hinders us from producing more, though this may start changing in the coming months. Racketboy.com keeps getting bigger and bigger, as does another project that Racket's wife runs.

You guys should seriously register for the forums over there, there's a definite lack of Atari collectors. Most members tend to range from the Master System and NES to the Gamecube and Xbox, and there's a definite preference for Sega(though nobody ever talks about the SG-1000...).

Stronghold doesn't come up too often, so it's value can fluctuate. On eBay it has gone for under $100 several times in the last 2 years, and then once this year (5/3/2009) for $206.50. I think this is a $100 cart loose. A CIB Stronghold was sold on eBay (5/06/2009) for a Best Offer of $500. Box and docs really boost this one.

I tracked Waterworld on eBay for 1 year and posted the results at:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=1413148