IGNORED

Main Code revealed....sort of.

Gorf

Hello!

For relative jumps (JR):

Those jumps are calculated on the processor counter (PC) being already incremented,

so what if a JR is the very last command in a page?

Is it then a page-miss if the jump is backwards? (based on the PC)

Or is it a page-miss if the jump is forwards? (based on the address where the JR is placed)

Kind regards

Matthias

I avoid this but have tested this and it seems to be fine as long as the JR goes to a long aligned

address outside the page. Since all instructions fall on some even numbered address you should not

encounter any issue as long as you follow the rules. The bug is not effected because of the PC as far

as I can tell. Also, according to Downix who has studied the nets, it is based on a lack of adequate

power supplied to the MMU during main bus accesses. It causes a pipeline issue because outside of local

the pipeline does not work correctly. This is why you need to clear the pipeline when jumping from

main to local or local to main. Remember, the pipeline adheres to the 32 bit nature of the internal

space of the RISC's. Outside of the RISC space its another ball game. I do not think you will encounter

any issues if you just stick with the rules provided. Of course you are welcome to run your own tests to

show us the error of our ways....just add any new rules you find to this thread if you do indeed find any

such issues.

:)

Edited by Gorf
  • Like 1

Hopefully SubQ's assembler macros handle this more or less automatically.

Someone needs to put it through its paces.

Some of have and there are still bugs where it blows up but I think SubQ mod is moving on to the N64

so I see little hope of it ever being completed.

What bugs? What blow ups? Did you report them? They should be fixed by now if you have as he's been Johnny on the spot in the past for tackling bugs. Have you checked the website for updates? Do you have the latest version?

I think he said he wasn't getting bug reports and people showed little interest in SMAC and SLN. This community is so dead we're gonna lose our only tool man after years of everyone bitching about wanting new updated tools.

Maybe you or AO will see fit sometime to do a small demo using SMAC macros like an Amiga bouncing ball demo just to put SMAC through its paces.

• Like 1

What bugs? What blow ups? Did you report them?

Yes.

They should be fixed by now if you have as he's been Johnny on the spot in the past for tackling bugs. Have you checked the website for updates? Do you have the latest version?

No they have not been fixed. In fact the latest bugs were reported in the latest versions.

I think he said he wasn't getting bug reports and people showed little interest in SMAC and SLN. This community is so dead we're gonna lose our only tool man after years of everyone bitching about wanting new updated tools.

I've been telling our tool man about these bugs for a year now. Our tol man like most of us has real lofe issues to deal with

so Im not blaming him, nor have I forgotten about his hard work. Most of my games are in too far deep to bother converting

over to tools that are still not working enough to deal with what I am doing. I want those tools for future endevors. Like

the game that was formerly Gorf 3D. If he indeed fixes those bugs and I am sure he will when he gets a chance, I will consider

moving my current code to them, but since we are getting serious blow ups in some circumstances it just not worth trying to

move them over to SMAC/SLN.

Maybe you or AO will see fit sometime to do a small demo using SMAC macros like an Amiga bouncing ball demo just to put SMAC through its paces.

I dont have the time...I have more than enough on my plate. Plua you are talking about doing this from scratch as these are

as far as I can tell all assembly and 6502/68000 are not compatible with J-RISC instruction wise.

Some of have and there are still bugs where it blows up but I think SubQ mod is moving on to the N64

What bugs? What blow ups? Did you report them? They should be fixed by now if you have as he's been Johnny on the spot in the past for tackling bugs. Have you checked the website for updates? Do you have the latest version?

After some personal issues to deal with last year I am back accepting bug reports for SMAC and SLN. If you have previously submitted a report then I would be grateful if you could resubmit to ensure it gets added to the fix list.

I've also updated my distribution site, http://www.subqmod.com, and fixed the download links.

• Like 3

After some personal issues to deal with last year I am back accepting bug reports for SMAC and SLN. If you have previously submitted a report then I would be grateful if you could resubmit to ensure it gets added to the fix list.

I've also updated my distribution site, http://www.subqmod.com, and fixed the download links.

I can't help with bugreports but I am very happy to hear that you are still into it. After all these years and trouble with brainstorm not releasing the tools I applaud you, that you are working on new ones. Thanks a lot for that.

• Like 1