IGNORED

Giant Label Variation PHOTO Website. Check it out!

Philflound

I'm having trouble telling the difference between the SWORDQUEST Earthworld variations with the sword touching the edge and the hard to see one not touching the edge. Anyway, here is one you don't have. His arm touches the bottom, you can clearly see the sword not touching the edge, the pirate's face isn't touching the edge, you can see more of the top of the pirate's head, and you can see the horn on the helmet. It is CART1. I included another one of mine to show the difference.

post-28856-0-00588300-1303260477_thumb.jpg

post-28856-0-11265500-1303260501_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I've been out of the loop these past few weeks. I've had a lot on my plate and though I thought I could catch up, I haven't been able to. It'll take me a few days to address everything you've been asking or stating. One thing I would like to say is that the sword is difficult to see with the SQ Earthworld label, but the one that doesn't reach the edge is easier to spot than the ones that do. That's the best I can say. Use a magnifying glass if you're unsure. :)

Phil

Sorry I've been out of the loop these past few weeks. I've had a lot on my plate and though I thought I could catch up, I haven't been able to. It'll take me a few days to address everything you've been asking or stating. One thing I would like to say is that the sword is difficult to see with the SQ Earthworld label, but the one that doesn't reach the edge is easier to spot than the ones that do. That's the best I can say. Use a magnifying glass if you're unsure. :)

Phil

It's cool. For a few days I flew through my collection. I skipped the cleaning for later. I thought it would be easier on you to update things all at once instead of me posting one, waiting for a respond, you updating, me posting another.... The funny thing is after I finished I managed to find 80 games in the wild and have a few more to post after you address everything else. ;)

Your site and your responses helped me so much. My collection is probably 5 times bigger than I thought it was. I thought I had way more doubles because I was only looking at basic variations. I still have plenty of doubles to sell though. I'm going to gamegavel everything above about rarity 4 or 5 individually and then gamegavel the commons with systems as starter systems for new people joining the hobby. After all that I'll use the money to buy more carts to scan and debate with you about the smallest of differences. :D Thanks.

Well, I want to thnk the both of you.

Atarimania is a few variation richer now.

8)

You're welcome. After Phil's site agrees with my collect, I'll start bugging you until your site agrees with my collection. When all three of us agrees on a variation then we are getting somewhere. Since you don't just collect scans I'll like to learn how to dump roms. Sometimes when I'm on Ebay, I see a PAL game, look it up on your site, and it hasn't been dumped. If I had a way to dump them then I would have more of an incentive to buy them.

8)

You're welcome. After Phil's site agrees with my collect, I'll start bugging you until your site agrees with my collection. When all three of us agrees on a variation then we are getting somewhere. Since you don't just collect scans I'll like to learn how to dump roms. Sometimes when I'm on Ebay, I see a PAL game, look it up on your site, and it hasn't been dumped. If I had a way to dump them then I would have more of an incentive to buy them.

Perhaps you can buy one from a member here?

Would be great.

8)

8)

Perhaps you can buy one from a member here?

Would be great.

8)

It would have to be something simple. Just plug in cart, turn on, and send to computer. You know anyone with one?

• 1 month later...

I've been out of the loop for months now and have been having some personal issues. I just renewed the site for another 2 years with all 3 domain names so I'm still around. Just may take some time to get back in. I'm hoping sometime in July to get on the ball. Still looking for a job and finances have been a real problem. I'll let you know when things start getting back.

Phil

I've been out of the loop for months now and have been having some personal issues. I just renewed the site for another 2 years with all 3 domain names so I'm still around. Just may take some time to get back in. I'm hoping sometime in July to get on the ball. Still looking for a job and finances have been a real problem. I'll let you know when things start getting back.

Phil

Good hearing from you. Good luck getting your personal issues and finances in order.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, I just picked up a 9 game lot and pretty much everything has something that I can add to the list. Most of it will be additional info. But I just received another Combat box variations (go figure). It is totally strange that the interior almost has an inert tray... I'm saying this wrong but hard to describe. It's a piece of reinforced cardboard. This version looks like the yellow GAME PROGRAM version but has Made in Taiwan on the top. Also, where a normal box top on the back has that semi-circle so you can grip the flap better to open, this does not. There is no rev or any printer on the tiny flaps, they are totally blank. I decided to modify the site sooner than next week, hopefully somewhere over the weekend. When I get new stuff, I get excited. Also, I found some more new manufacturer warranties for Atari that were all original releases that I didn't have documented. One says Hand Held Controllers Warranty. I think I'm going to side step for a couple of hours and scan the warranties and put them up. It's a small job that can be finished rather quickly and no one seems to have scans of the warranties. I'll leave catalogs for a later date.

Just looked at Breakout and found a minty mint box with a new variation. That will be going up soon too.

Phil

Edited by Philflound

Definitely a slow process getting back into things. I just finished sorting all the catalogs and warranties and other paperwork for the 2600. I'm going to scan them over the next few days and upload them to the site. Well, not the catalogs. Just yet. I may put the front and back cover, and possibly what makes it different if it's a variant, like scan one or two interior pages. The majority of the catalogs are on here already. But all warranty info is definitely going in and some miscellaneous stuff.

Phil

I changed my mind. Since AA has the catalogs onfile, I figured to use what is here and scan what isn't. There are some variations that Albert doesn't have, so you'll get to see a nice selection.

At first I was going to only scan 2-3 pages of each owner's manual, but decided to scan each one entirely. I don't think anyone has these scanned, but if they do, let me know in case I'm missing some and can compare what I have with what's out there. I did about 6 of these with only a couple of scans, so you'll see 6 links where most of them have only 2 pages. I scanned all 12 pages of the 1st owner's manual, so that one is complete. Just a matter of working on the others.

All warranty paperwork will be scanned completely, since most of these are one sheet, or 4 at most. I may do the warranty info before I do the catalogs.

Once I'm done with all the paperwork, please review what I've done and let me know if I'm missing stuff. I am missing a few catalogs in my collection according to the Jerry Greiner guide, so if you have scans of those, I'd appreciate getting them to me.

All paperwork I decided to put 600 pixels wide, but for the thinner Activision pieces, I may put 400. Have to see how they look.

Atari is being done first, so I'll let you know when that is complete, then I'll move to the other companies. Once I have a section "complete", review what is done and help out what is needed.

If anyone has any suggestions or something I have overlooked, let me know. Thanks.

Phil

Feel free to download the files. They are too big to send raw, just too many pages. I skipped Owner's manual 3 last night and did 1, 2 and 4. 3 has 24 pages and is a flip book, so it will take extra time. I'll probably finish 5 and 6, and then go back to 3 before moving on. Doing lots of scans is a slow process. :(

Phil

I got owner's manual 3 up with the 24 pages. I'm working on 5 now. I discovered a new catalog for the yellow early one from 1979. Actually it's the same catalog from what I can tell but has Printed in Taiwan on the back cover. So far I could tell no other differences. Also, found a "addendum" for a warranty card early on that is product number C012981. It's a 1 sheet. I have 2, one has no printed, the other has Printed in Taiwan. One other new variation I discovered was the very early green warranty card product number C011553. On the top part of the warranty explanation where Atari prints their address, the one that is a darker green has only $6.00 being asked for. I'm assuming this is the earlier one. The other has $36 for a unit, $6 for a game, and $10 for controllers.

Once I'm done with I believe the 12 owner's manuals I have, I'll work on the warranties next before the catalogs. Warranties will be a lot easier since there are usually 1-4 scans needed.

Phil