IGNORED

Giant Label Variation PHOTO Website. Check it out!

Philflound

On 8/2/2019 at 9:15 PM, Philflound said:

Ok, everyone. I've been working on some updates with the site. Mainly, when my hard drive crashed a few years ago, my MS Word document wasn't matching my site. Actually the document was actually missing things that are on the site.

This is a huge resource for the Atari community Phil! I'd like to intergrate my Homebrew List and pics into a website like this one day!

Thanks Phil!

Brian

I finished the PB carts & boxes and am waiting on a few scans on missing boxes. Sides will take a while to get, unless someone wants to help. Since my stuff is packed away still, I can't scan any sides until I get my house and start opening up all my packed stuff. I began the US Games carts and boxes. That shouldn't take too long and hopefully will have them done by tomorrow. Manuals on everything will still have to wait, again probably until I get my house unless they are easy and only have 1 or 2 manuals per game. My goal is to try and get all the carts and boxes finished for everything. I'm trying.

Phil

I've been in the process of selling my collection for close to a year. Your site has always been a great resource to add label and box variations to the hunt. You may want to take a look at the site I'm putting together. I just added pictures of US Games boxes I have. For those games that have both square and handle versions available, there is usually a unique box that goes with each version.

https://sites.google.com/view/cincynoti2600/atari-2600/us-games

There are probably some Atari Corp boxes there that you don't have yet on your site also.

Many thanks!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't heard back from Cincy yet. Anyone who can provide me scans I appreciate. I can't use general photo shots unless I can crop them nicely.

I finished the US Games this past weekend. I also just did Telesys. Again, no manuals as I'm trying to finish all the rest of the 3rd party carts/boxes. I found that Coconuts has a box variation on back saying Assembled in Mexico. There are 2 other carts that say this, but I don't see a box for this. So if there are carts from Mexico, there should be boxes. I'll try and look on Ebay and see what is available, but many of these boxes are tough to just get in general.

I'll keep posting what I update so everyone can follow. If you see something wrong or have something I don't list, let me know and hopefully can provide pics. Thanks.

Phil

On 8/10/2019 at 11:54 AM, Philflound said:

My goal is to try and get all the carts and boxes finished for everything.

A very commendable goal!

At this point in time I think we have game ROMs pretty well covered from a preservation point of view; it’s the related paper-based ephemera that still remains an issue (boxes, manuals, inserts, etc.).

My long-term fantasy pet project is to create a searchable game database with every cart, box and manual viewable as 3D models.  Good source material would be essential to this endeavour.

I have a substantial amount of paper. What I can't get online I'd have to scan. And scanning lots of manuals takes time. I plan on doing catalogs and warranties too along with inserts and such. But this project will get there eventually. What I'm aiming at will be to get the easiest items done first. Minimal effort. But you can view my document any time. It's pretty up to date as of a couple of weeks ago. I list everything I know about. Catalogs and warranties are in my possession, or at least most of them should be, so eventually all that will get scanned and uploaded. Just need patience. :)

Phil

Forgot to mention that there is much research. Most of the new items I add is because I decide to look. I don't get too much help from people. Maybe a cart or box here and there. So it takes time, not only making the site, but I probably spend more time verifying and looking for new variations. Just when I thought I was finished with one company, I find there is a variation I don't have. I wish more people would contact me as they do Atarimania with their new items.

Just did Ultravision, which doesn't have much. I'm working on Tigervision right now. What a lot of work this one is. What I had documented is nothing compared to what I'm finding. Especially with box variations. There are 2 things I'm specifically noting here in case you have questions. First is there are boxes with "Printed in Hongkong" where Hong Kong is not separated. I am keeping the word together if it is printed like that. It will not be a mistake on my part. I try and document the exact writing. The second one is there are a few games that supposedly have labels on different colored plastics. Jawbreaker, King Kong, and one other I can't remember offhand. I looked at the scans in Atarimania and they look like a second label was placed over the first. Plus on one of the games, the label has rounded corners on top and square on the bottom. I believe someone manufactured these themselves, so I will not consider them variations. Unless I ever see them first hand, I'll stick with my guns. Plus I look on Ebay and see no other copies out there. It's tough nowadays where labels can easily be printed at home to believe there are some unique or ultra rare variations out there. I'll try and put up the Tigervision pages, but am going away for a few days.

Phil

10 hours ago, Philflound said:

Forgot to mention that there is much research. Most of the new items I add is because I decide to look. I don't get too much help from people. Maybe a cart or box here and there. So it takes time, not only making the site, but I probably spend more time verifying and looking for new variations. Just when I thought I was finished with one company, I find there is a variation I don't have. I wish more people would contact me as they do Atarimania with their new items.

I wonder if it would help to make a page where you list all your currently missing items.  Then it would be easier to see what remains for people who are interested in contributing.  Although I’m not sure if that’s more work than just finding the stuff yourself.

Actually I think I may have posted something here but just for Atari made items that I believe may exist. I actually had planned doing that list when everything was all done. May take a few months. Will probably leave the manuals off the list at least for a while. Thanks for the suggestion though I already had it planned. :)

Phil

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, I've been updating some Activision info and photos thanks to Daniel. I'm sure he'll be sending me more stuff. Paul gave me more scans and especially end labels of things I'm missing. I'm working on getting everything updated. If anyone has access to foreign versions of carts like CBS or Parker Bros, I have many main labels, but few end labels. I'd appreciate getting the end labels. I know most of the end labels probably are the same as others, but I don't want to assume and will wait until I verify them. I just uploaded the Tigervision cartridge scans. What I noted on the main page for Tigervision and will also say here is that I see several titles that have alternate color cartridges. I don't believe these are genuine to the title, though I may be wrong. It looks like there are secondary labels underneath the main labels. It should be very easy to create such variations. Unless I personally find them in the wild or get the info from a legitimate source, I'm keeping said variations off the list. If these were out there, I think I would see them offered for sale at least once in a while on Ebay.

Anyway, I'm hoping to finish the Tigervision boxes within a couple of days, but want to get all the scans I've been sent updated on the site first. Thanks again for the help and I hope to keep getting more. Thanks to Daniel sending me the HERO activision scan, I now have added 2 additional boxes and updated my information describing them.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Philflound said:

Ok, I've been updating some Activision info and photos thanks to Daniel. I'm sure he'll be sending me more stuff. Paul gave me more scans and especially end labels of things I'm missing. I'm working on getting everything updated. If anyone has access to foreign versions of carts like CBS or Parker Bros, I have many main labels, but few end labels. I'd appreciate getting the end labels. I know most of the end labels probably are the same as others, but I don't want to assume and will wait until I verify them. I just uploaded the Tigervision cartridge scans. What I noted on the main page for Tigervision and will also say here is that I see several titles that have alternate color cartridges. I don't believe these are genuine to the title, though I may be wrong. It looks like there are secondary labels underneath the main labels. It should be very easy to create such variations. Unless I personally find them in the wild or get the info from a legitimate source, I'm keeping said variations off the list. If these were out there, I think I would see them offered for sale at least once in a while on Ebay.

Anyway, I'm hoping to finish the Tigervision boxes within a couple of days, but want to get all the scans I've been sent updated on the site first. Thanks again for the help and I hope to keep getting more. Thanks to Daniel sending me the HERO activision scan, I now have added 2 additional boxes and updated my information describing them.

Thank you, Phill.

I will continue mining in my collection, I still have 250 boxes to search here! Hugs.

Daniel

Site has been going well with updates. Tigervision is finished for now (not doing manuals for any companies at this time). I've just uploaded the beginning of Sears, which I worked on months ago. I'm going to continue with Sears, but there will be lots of holes with boxes. I'm hoping collectors on here can help me with filling in what I'm missing. Also, if you have any printer info on any of the boxes I already have photos of, please let me know. Printer info is always good to know the order of when the items were released. I'm hoping to finish Sears carts and boxes by Christmas. I'll post any reason for delays though if possible. Thanks.

Phil

19 minutes ago, Philflound said:

Site has been going well with updates. Tigervision is finished for now (not doing manuals for any companies at this time). I've just uploaded the beginning of Sears, which I worked on months ago. I'm going to continue with Sears, but there will be lots of holes with boxes. I'm hoping collectors on here can help me with filling in what I'm missing. Also, if you have any printer info on any of the boxes I already have photos of, please let me know. Printer info is always good to know the order of when the items were released. I'm hoping to finish Sears carts and boxes by Christmas. I'll post any reason for delays though if possible. Thanks.

Phil

I have 30 titles in Sears boxes, and also some looses ... We can work in sync. The deadlines look great to me! I will contribute.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to Daniel, I discovered that there were new box variations of Spacechase and Skeet Shoot. He provided me with the Spacechase which turned out that the original had no product # on the box, and then Apollo decided to stamp the product #. Investigating the other titles, it turned out Skeet Shoot also has this variation. I found a scan of the front. I'm assuming the back is the same and has no stamp product # like the Spacechase. I'm updating it now. Thanks.

Phil

I did notice that the stamp is not in the same location on the box. But I will not be noting that in the listing.

Edited by Philflound
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Philflound said:

Thanks to Daniel, I discovered that there were new box variations of Spacechase and Skeet Shoot. He provided me with the Spacechase which turned out that the original had no product # on the box, and then Apollo decided to stamp the product #. Investigating the other titles, it turned out Skeet Shoot also has this variation. I found a scan of the front. I'm assuming the back is the same and has no stamp product # like the Spacechase. I'm updating it now. Thanks.

Phil

I did notice that the stamp is not in the same location on the box. But I will not be noting that in the listing.

Thanks Phill, I am available to contribute more to your research!

• Like 1

Daniel comes through again. He sent me a Cosmic Creeps Assembled in Mexico box variation.  Coconuts already had this variation and looking at the list, Fast Food should also definitely have this variation as the cartridge label has the same printed like Cosmic Creeps and Coconuts. The other 3 games have labels with no printed, so I'm not sure if there would be a Mexico variation or not, but please be on the lookout. Thanks.

Phil

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Philflound said:

Daniel comes through again. He sent me a Cosmic Creeps Assembled in Mexico box variation.  Coconuts already had this variation and looking at the list, Fast Food should also definitely have this variation as the cartridge label has the same printed like Cosmic Creeps and Coconuts. The other 3 games have labels with no printed, so I'm not sure if there would be a Mexico variation or not, but please be on the lookout. Thanks.

Phil

Thanks Phill is a pleasure to collaborate with this list.

Fast food certainly has the variation of the box "Assembled in Mexico". We have items available for sale on EBay that confirm.

Already the other games in this collection, we should look more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Philflound said:

Got the Fast Food scan and already put it up on the site. Thanks for helping with that Daniel. I don't know what time I'll have over the next week to work on much with the Thanksgiving holidays, but hopefully I can do a little more.

Phil

Cool, meanwhile, I am organizing and checking the lists of M Network and Parker Brothers.

In December I will work on the Sears Tele-games series.

I was going through the various 3rd party companies to see which ones I hadn't completed. I noticed Froggo link wasn't working, so I fixed that. I also added all the manuals for that company. Then I also noticed that some of the smaller 3rd party I had not put manuals such as First Star, Epyx, etc. I will try and do those too this morning. It's filling out well. Then I'll get back to Sears.