IGNORED

Colecovision On/Off switch repair - who performs this service?

I have a Colecovision that is suffering from the infamous on/off picture jitter. I've tried cleaning it out with contact cleaner several times but it hasn't helped. I'd like to upgrade it to an illuminated push on power button. Is there anyone here that can direct me to the right place to have this service done? I've looked all over the web and found nothing thus far.

I have a Colecovision that is suffering from the infamous on/off picture jitter. I've tried cleaning it out with contact cleaner several times but it hasn't helped. I'd like to upgrade it to an illuminated push on power button. Is there anyone here that can direct me to the right place to have this service done? I've looked all over the web and found nothing thus far.

If he doesn't do it himself, doubledown might be able to direct you to someone who does. Given the mods he's done, he'd be my first contact.

Sorry, I must have you confused with someone else. ;)

Hey, in your travels around the expansion port (I think your pause functionality ties in there if I recall correctly), would you happen to have figured out what would be necessary to disable the Atari 2600 expansion module while it's plugged in? I want to be able to play CV games with the expansion module still physically connected.

Edited by BigO

Hey, in your travels around the expansion port (I think your pause functionality ties in there if I recall correctly), would you happen to have figured out what would be necessary to disable the Atari 2600 expansion module while it's plugged in? I want to be able to play CV games with the expansion module still physically connected.

I wonder if you could just make a connector in between the module & CV unit, hooked up to a toggle switch to a pin or 2 that throws the CV over into "expansion module mode". There has to be a way.

I wonder if you could just make a connector in between the module & CV unit, hooked up to a toggle switch to a pin or 2 that throws the CV over into "expansion module mode". There has to be a way.

Yes, I imagine there's one or a relatively small number of pins that need to be controlled, I just haven't taken the time to research the signals.

I think it'd be better to install the switch into the ColecoVision or the Expansion Module itself, rather than an intermediate connector between the two.

I think it'd be better to install the switch into the ColecoVision or the Expansion Module itself, rather than an intermediate connector between the two.

I agree. If there were a lot of modules to choose from, some sort of external connection and switcher might be in order. I wouldn't be averse to cutting traces on either the main board or the expansion module.

I might go so far as to put a sensor (optical, microswitch, whatever) in the Atari cart slot to auto-switch. On the other hand, I might want to leave some favorite game in there all the time in which case the auto-switch scenario wouldn't be such a swift idea.

Any thoughts/educated guesses on the signals that could be controlled to implement? I'll have to see if I can find the pin function breakdown somewhere. I'm pretty sure I've seen it.

Edited by BigO