IGNORED

Flea market find #3

goldvrx

I got this lot a few weeks ago, my best score so far.

P7025681.jpg

I got 9 loose games and 2 boxed games for $1 each. Also got the manuals and Atari Swordquest comics, manuals and entry forms for Earthworld and Fireworld.

and the best, Waterworld still shrink wrapped. Not bad for a buck!

P7025683-1.jpg

George

It seems this new person comes up with some great finds. I find it fishy. Maybe it's all a concoction to get people to talk. I have lots of rare stuff and can say I've just bought it recently to make me look great. I can believe one story, but three in like 2 weeks, seems a bit unlikely. But if you are lucky, then you must have it in your blood. I was happy finding a nice copy of Football complete in the box for $1.80 today, even if I have it. I hardly ever find Atari stuff in the wild anymore, especially anything good.

Phil

Ebay is the Rarity guide. ONe just sold for around $350 sealed. Quit quoting that Freaken guide that nobody goes by. Hmmmm You know your posts are very familiar. Almost like someone who got put on Moderator approval. :ponder: :ponder:

is moderator approval like ban or a limited acct or something?

You will know soon enough. ;)

I'm actually hoping to find some rare stuff in the wild again. Most of my collection was picked up in the mid-1990s, pre-Ebay. Some of the rarest stuff I got I pretty much paid nothing for, 50 cents to a buck per game, even rare ones. Didn't come across too many boxes though. I had someone I believe steal a few games from me where I lived. I think it was the guy downstairs. I lost Death Trap by AH, never gotten again so far, and London Blitz, which I replaced, plus Tax Avoiders, which I still don't have either. I also saw a Sammy Lightfoot for Colecovision vanish from my collection. I was never too thrilled with having the landlord's son have access to our apt with the spare key. Who knows what else had vanished back then. Glad I'm not there anymore.

Phil

Ebay is the Rarity guide. ONe just sold for around $350 sealed. Quit quoting that Freaken guide that nobody goes by. Hmmmm You know your posts are very familiar. Almost like someone who got put on Moderator approval. :ponder: :ponder:

is moderator approval like ban or a limited acct or something?

You will know soon enough. ;)

Hopefuly not... :ponder:

It seems this new person comes up with some great finds. I find it fishy. Maybe it's all a concoction to get people to talk. I have lots of rare stuff and can say I've just bought it recently to make me look great. I can believe one story, but three in like 2 weeks, seems a bit unlikely. But if you are lucky, then you must have it in your blood. I was happy finding a nice copy of Football complete in the box for $1.80 today, even if I have it. I hardly ever find Atari stuff in the wild anymore, especially anything good.

Phil

Hi Phil, I normally go to flea markets with my son, he goes for the newer systems and I look for older the older stuff. My son does have some earlier systems (2600,5200,Odyssey 2) but he concentrates mainly on NES and above. I'm mainly a Hot Wheels redline collector but I still look for additions to my video game collection. Everything I posted came from flea markets this past June, I came across this site because of the research of the Waterworld game.

George :)

Great find. Some of the yard sales around here have absolutely nothing regarding the Atari 2600. Mostly "modern" games (Xbox, Gamecube, Dreamcast), so I've had no luck thus far acquiring new Atari trinkets. Congratulations to you!

-Steve

Same here, way too many Wiis and 360s around here that people are selling. The only Atari games I see around here are commons for around $5 each. The rarest one I ever found was Death Trap which isn't even that expensive, especially for an R8.

@goldvrx: Great find on the Waterworld! One request: please send some of your luck my way, there's been a retro video game drought lately here.

I don't believe I ever found a rare game boxed. I did buy like 5 Kid Vids sealed, 4 of them being Sound 1 Canadian versions, along with Snoopys sealed, Defender II sealed, and some others. But this was all around 1997 or so, maybe 1998 when no one was still really into Atari, and again, pre-ebay. Maybe it was 1996. Anyway, I traded away all my extras, still have my own copies. Got a Halloween and Malagai loose for one of those Sound 1 units. That was a great deal to me.

Phil

Every once in awhile I come across loose carts and systems, most times people want too much for them. June just happened to be a good month for me, so far this month the only thing I got was a loose US Games Raft Rider. Until I found this site I didn't realise that there was still such a big following for the 2600. You're best bet for finding stuff is going to yard sales where people are cleaning out their attics, they just want to get rid of their "junk" and sell it cheap. Good luck!

George