IGNORED

Atari gold... would you buy it?

xXUlTiMaTe-SiNXx

Would you buy it?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. would you buy it?

• No, im happy with my 2600 as it is thankyou.
    • Yes!!!

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

How about getting banned for running a red light with a burrito in your face, endangering peoples lives? :ponder:

Yes but at least nobodies wallet got seriously injured and that's what counts, right?

Are you kidding me? I am actually still getting ripped on for mistiming a red light by 15 hundredths of a freaking second. Trust me I am not the only person who has been fined on these boards for running a red light. Tell you what get a stop watch and try, and I mean it. Try to click the stop watch twice and get a time less than .15 hundreths of a second. Believe it or not I still have not been in a traffic accident after 15 years of driving. Had to avoid a whole bunch of stupid people though. So do me a favor and get off your high horse.

Edit: I am not posting in this thread again. This thread has nothing to do with me, and I intend it to stay that way.

Edited by homerwannabee

Good point. I will leave the 'honors' to You, Tempest, or Albert for that one since you guys dealt with him first. :)

I also didn't click on anything relating to his pages or links.

Why not just a plain old ban, simply for the virus alone? :twisted:

Well, he can't say he wasn't warned at this point. :ponder:

I'm having a really hard time deciding between the two systems.

It's going to come down to whichever system ends up including a flux capacitor. Then I can travel back in time to buy all the minty fresh 2600 games. Any chance of fitting one in next to the Warren Robinett bust Jrok? I'll pay extra. :D

Oh, and since we're so 1337,

nowai.jpg

YAY!!! My turn to chime in! I know you all have waited anxiously for it. Oh who am I kidding, you all have no idea who I am! :D

Okay, so This kid, who just got is first Atari 2600 just a few weeks ago is already planning to create uber mods and sell it for $150 bux? And it is supposed to incorporate wireless controls, an SD card reader, the ability to read from that card, S-Video/A-V out, a fan(wtf?) and all be packed comfortably inside an Atari 2600 jr case? And monkeys with brief cases full of money will fly out of my arse.

First off, kid, you have all of this crap hacker l337 $#!t floating around the internet. You brag about writing a virus that is supposedly floating around the net. You have poor grammatical skills. You are disruptive and disrespectful. To top it off, you haven't even been on this forum very long. Lastly, you are trying to sell a product that is nothing more that pseudo vaporware.

Before trying to sound all high and mighty, I would honestly recommend getting a feel of the forum. Get to know the people, understand what is considered "kosher", and try not to overturn the boat. Rocking the boat seems pretty common for forums, and is relatively tolerated, but in your case, you are getting way to much water on the deck.

Here is the deal, never try and sell something that doesn't exsist. Don't act like it is a chore to find ROMs, especially on a website that has nearly every single Atari 2600/5200/7800/Lynx rom available, along with homebrews, demos, and protos.

Ok you idiots, im gana let you in on the biggest fucking amazing secret... Writing viruses is LEGAL.

And seriously, why do you all hate me? i have an idea that i was considering doing, i didnt even say "hey, here's what's gana happen, im making this and there will be no issues with the prototype and im a super 1337 atari moder" im not, i have owned an atari for under a week and i decided to put the question to you of if you would buy it IF i made it.

Would it be wrong to call you a turd bucket? Probably so for a Mod as well as against forum guidelines, so I will refrain however - BTW, you shouldn't talk to mods like that it's not the brightest idea and if one asks you to knock it off it might be a good idea to listen as well.

I'm in quite a good mood atm so from Atari Age Forum Guidelines...

Trolling

Trolling isn't always easy to define, but it generally is easy to spot. Trolling usually involves disrupting a thread by posting messages that are off-topic, rude, inciting, and so forth. We recognize that topics will often veer off course for one reason or another, but when an individual member repeatedly disrupts threads in a negative fashion, that member will be warned. Trolling also includes creating new threads for the purpose of starting flame wars (known as "flamebait").

Personal Attacks

While we understand some discussions can become heated, we will not tolerate members insulting each other in the public forums. Likewise, any racial, ethnic, gender-based insults or other personal discriminations are not permitted. The strength of your arguments goes out the window once you resort to personal attacks. If you find that you often get angry when discussing a certain topic, we suggest you refrain from involving yourself in such discussions.

... but it doesn't mean that every Mod is.

Ok you idiots, im gana let you in on the biggest fucking amazing secret... Writing viruses is LEGAL.

And seriously, why do you all hate me? i have an idea that i was considering doing, i didnt even say "hey, here's what's gana happen, im making this and there will be no issues with the prototype and im a super 1337 atari moder" im not, i have owned an atari for under a week and i decided to put the question to you of if you would buy it IF i made it.

Ehh, I'm probably going to come across as a cranky witch anyway so I will speak as plainly and legibly as possible...

"xXUlTiMaTe-SiNXx" posting like that (however amusing on some small very annoying level) is really not contributing anything positive to the site and can result in getting put on moderator preview etc...

While you may only be 15, I would suggest that you grow up to at least the point of posting like you are 15 as opposed to something less then my 2 1/2 yr old daughter can do. Thanks. :)

No way Chicky (on the witch comment) - I don't know if we should boot this kid off because he's so damn annoying or keep him on for the entertainment (cuz he's an ID-10-T).

After all, not many can stick their foot in their mouth while their head's up their a55 like this kid can.

And seriously, why do you all hate me?

You just called me an idiot...

i have an idea that i was considering doing, i didnt even say "hey, here's what's gana happen, im making this and there will be no issues with the prototype and im a super 1337 atari moder" im not, i have owned an atari for under a week and i decided to put the question to you of if you would buy it IF i made it.

Anyone that buys this off you is more of an ID10T than you are. H3LL if I'm going to buy a piece of hardware off someone for $150 when they don't even know what the h3ll a ZIF socket is.

Looks like I might have to take her back to the woodshed for a full redesign... I'll be back in a year or so with an update.

You could drop the RockStar Brains to get the cost down to the level of say a Lamborghini Countach. I know it's not as sexy but you could do the bank switching with a 64K SRAM that only costs a couple of bucks. Besides you're only going to find used RockStar Brains and those have already been pickled in metric tons of cocaine and thousands of litres of alcohol. They're sexy as hell but can't be terribly reliable.