IGNORED

AtariAge Store on Vacation

Albert

I've decided to take the AtariAge Store offline for a bit so I can focus on some other projects. These include:

1) Moving the [stella] and [NWCGE] mailing lists over to a new server. I need to get this done this week so I can relinquish control of the old AtariAge server before I get charged another $300.

2) Upgrading the forum to the spiffy new IP.Board 3.0 software that was released recently. Hopefully I can take care of that next week or the week after--it's a fair bit of work!

3) Possibly setting up a "Subscriptions" package (or packages) for AtariAge, as discussed here. Could be a lot of fun, and I have more ideas now than what is listed in the first post in that thread.

4) Investigation and possible implementation of upgrading the store to new and more full-featured software. A few weeks ago I did some brief research on what's out there, and there are some pretty slick packages available now.

5) And most importantly, working on publishing all those new homebrew games everyone's been very patiently waiting for. :D

If anyone needs anything in particular from the store, don't hesitate to send me a PM and I'd be glad to help you out. Just want to focus on the items above without undue pressure of the store.

Thanks!

..Al

No problem about the store from my point of view. Lots of us use the site everyday so getting that sorted and also you not getting stung in the wallet are the most important projects in my opinion.

I still get stung in the wallet even if the store is down. Oh, wait, I see what you are talking about (the subscriptions?)

365................. :P

LOL

So where is the AtariAge store going while it's on vacation? I suggest Bermuda.

I've never been to Bermuda. Do I get to tag along?

..Al

No problem about the store from my point of view. Lots of us use the site everyday so getting that sorted and also you not getting stung in the wallet are the most important projects in my opinion.

I still get stung in the wallet even if the store is down. Oh, wait, I see what you are talking about (the subscriptions?)

I meant the cost of holding on to the old server for another month.

I meant the cost of holding on to the old server for another month.

Oh, yes. :) If it came down to that, I'd make damn sure to copy all the mailing list data off that server even if I didn't manage to get it setup properly on the new one. Going to start work on that today and see if I can wrap it up in a day or two.

..Al

I'm betting Christmas 09 will be fun.

AX

god help me then lol. ive spent probably $500 in the store the past few months (fridge full of aa magnets lol), but my heart couldn't take a bunch of new games available at once.

i may as well just ask for aa gift certificates for x-mas.

god help me then lol. ive spent probably $500 in the store the past few months (fridge full of aa magnets lol), but my heart couldn't take a bunch of new games available at once.

True story - I was going through Atari video game manuals yesterday (something I hadn't done for a long time and missed) and got to a few for AtariAge homebrews that were in ziplock bags. I opened up a couple to put them in storage sleeves and wound up with FIVE magnets. Al had put three alone in one sleeve! Needless to say I now have a fridge full as well. :D

Thanks again for all your hard work Al. I hope to be putting in a Christmas order this year. I'm long overdue for new homebrew and getting Bob's Jr. Pac cart has woken up the dormant classic gamer inside me!

• 1 month later...

Hey just out of curiosity when will the store be back online? I am getting into 2600 programming and I keep reading about things that sound useful from the store. Also do you have the old store site saved somewhere so I can browse through it? If not that fine.

Thanks

Disjaukifa

Hey just out of curiosity when will the store be back online? I am getting into 2600 programming and I keep reading about things that sound useful from the store. Also do you have the old store site saved somewhere so I can browse through it? If not that fine.

Thanks

Disjaukifa

I have money burning a hole in my pocket also to shop in the Store :D

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...