IGNORED

I had a dream............

that I was hanging out in an arcade, with about 12 video games, and all the coin boxes were left UNLOCKED! I dont remember how much I got in the dream, tho.

how many of you encountered unlocked coinboxes? if so, what did you do? be honest!! i think 7 years have gone by so legally you would be safe and not being subject to persecution!

Report it to the manager or attendant....yes I really am that dang honest. I even pick up coins folks may have dropped at the checkout counter and place them on the counter so maybe someone else can use it.

not me! I remember finding a key to a gauntlet game back in 1987 and my friends are I spent our entire friday nights at the roller rink playing it. what fun times!

I'd go and report it myself, that's against my moral values to steal money out of an arcade machine. Hell, stealing games is wrong in my eyes.

I'd go and tell a manager/employee as well.

yea, mame is bad! :D

Well, I meant more along the lines of going into an arcade, unlocking the door and sticking the machine on free play or something like that.

I can tell you I have been robbed and still had to pay the location owners....that sucks.

Damaged equipment is best reported as it is in the best interest of the player. I sold a location in MD that I kept getting robbed in. After a while the hassle and repairs are not worth the money and operators stop caring. You find this in laundromats and sticky coin mechs at Elk's lodges, etc.

As for open machines that wern't mine...found a xerox machine once in college open. Handy to copy my papers but didn't take anything out of it.

CN

I can tell you I have been robbed and still had to pay the location owners....that sucks.

Damaged equipment is best reported as it is in the best interest of the player. I sold a location in MD that I kept getting robbed in. After a while the hassle and repairs are not worth the money and operators stop caring. You find this in laundromats and sticky coin mechs at Elk's lodges, etc.

As for open machines that wern't mine...found a xerox machine once in college open. Handy to copy my papers but didn't take anything out of it.

CN

laundrymats! oh forgot they had them!!! my ex used to work in a laundrymat and they had 10 of the hottest games all the time. it was in a bad part of long island so there was always trouble going on there and the games were always tampered with. she had to call the cops all the time. the neighborhood kids used to huslte the other kids out of quarters.

I do remember that older people was someone time breaking arcade or pinball cabinet in order to have access to the money !!!! I was just a kid during that time (around 8 years old)

However, when I was around 12 years old, my brother show me the trick with a quater and a string: was able to get unlimited game but something the string broke and we were loosing our quater LOL

I also use the 0.05 trick......get an hammer and get the 0.05 larger !!!!!

LOL