IGNORED

GP2X Wiz MAME

I saw this on ThinkGeek this morning. http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/retro...g/bfc7/?cpg=98H

I think this sums it up : You can run Atari ST games, Commodore 64, NES, SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Advance, NeoGeo, Flash Games and more too numerous to mention. Of course you'll need to find yourself some game roms..

Pretty Nifty!

Fletch

I already got one for approx 160EUR. Very nice gadget indeed.

However sofar Atari ST emulation is more of a "should be possible". In practice the available Castaway port is very very early alpha and doesn't run anything useful except the desktop, no proper sound, no anyway near halfdecent MFP interrupts. A laggy game of Rick Dangerous is possible but not really funny or enjoyable.

OTOH C64, NES and PC Engine do work fine already :D

I already got one for approx 160EUR. Very nice gadget indeed.

However sofar Atari ST emulation is more of a "should be possible". In practice the available Castaway port is very very early alpha and doesn't run anything useful except the desktop, no proper sound, no anyway near halfdecent MFP interrupts. A laggy game of Rick Dangerous is possible but not really funny or enjoyable.

OTOH C64, NES and PC Engine do work fine already :D

Shouldn't be long but, I have the GP2X and the ST emu on that was great, spent many hours playing Chaos Engine and Elite 2, and the Wiz is meant to be pretty compatabile with it, I understand that the devs are porting most the the GP2X emus over as we speak, if you do get one check out the NEO GEO emu is was great full speed on the GP2X so should be as good on the Wiz.

Although check out the Pandora before you spend your money, its not out yet but should turn out to be something special.

Rob

Yeah it looks really good, I got in to the GP scene back when Craig (www.gbax.com) brought over the GP32, always was a big fan of emu's on the computer, even had my Dreamcast running a few, but when the GP32 came out and I had the chance to have alot off these great emus in my pocket, it was great. Then Craig went on to co design the GP2X with Game Park, its a really good community, and now Craig and several key memebers off that community are bringing us the Pandora which should have enough power to emu anything up to an N64.

Did you preodrer? I missed the deadline although I still would prefer to buy it straight from the website when they have realesed it.

Rob

Yeah it looks really good, I got in to the GP scene back when Craig (www.gbax.com) brought over the GP32, always was a big fan of emu's on the computer, even had my Dreamcast running a few, but when the GP32 came out and I had the chance to have alot off these great emus in my pocket, it was great. Then Craig went on to co design the GP2X with Game Park, its a really good community, and now Craig and several key memebers off that community are bringing us the Pandora which should have enough power to emu anything up to an N64.

Did you preodrer? I missed the deadline although I still would prefer to buy it straight from the website when they have realesed it.

Rob

I was too affraid to do the pre-order...kept giving me some weird site I didnt trust so I pasted on it. Till the real release then.