IGNORED

Atari signed by Nolan Bushnell

Animan

I was at SGC (a gaming convention) about two weeks ago, and Nolan Bushnell was giving the keynote speech. I was also lucky enough to get my 2600 signed by him! This may be worth as much as a Boxed Air Raid. (OK, maybe not, but it's still very cool). If you don't believe he was there: www.sgconvention.com

post-23192-1247694715_thumb.jpg

Edited by Animan
  • Like 2

Very nice! but while you had the chance, you should have asked him where the other Swordquest prizes are?

:cool: :ponder: ;)

Crap Nuggets, slipped my mind! Maybe he'll be there next year, probably not though. :(

Very nice! but while you had the chance, you should have asked him where the other Swordquest prizes are?

:cool: :ponder: ;)

You:Hi Nolan,whatever happened to the diamond ecrusted Sword?

Nolan:Oh that thing,it got shoved up Jack's anal orifice,probably still there. :rolling:

Edited by Rik

You should have got your arm signed and then had a tattoo made.

One of my girlfriends did exactly that last year when she went to a rock concert. The drummer of whatever band it was signed her ass and when she got home she had it tattoo'd. I wonder how her boyfriend feels about having another mans name literally tattoo'd on his womans ass. :lol:

Very cool to have a signed piece. I took mine to Sunnyvale and met him at the Computer History Museum when he spoke in 2002. It was the anniversary of Space War and Atari both celebrated. Very cool guy, easy to talk to, considering his superstar status in the community. He was also at CGE in 2003 I think, signing stuff.

I have a few pieces signed, sort of special to me. I am sure it didn't change value much.

gallery_571_182_128541.jpg

You should have got your arm signed and then had a tattoo made.

One of my girlfriends did exactly that last year when she went to a rock concert. The drummer of whatever band it was signed her ass and when she got home she had it tattoo'd. I wonder how her boyfriend feels about having another mans name literally tattoo'd on his womans ass. :lol:

:rolling:

Very cool to have a signed piece. I took mine to Sunnyvale and met him at the Computer History Museum when he spoke in 2002. It was the anniversary of Space War and Atari both celebrated. Very cool guy, easy to talk to, considering his superstar status in the community. He was also at CGE in 2003 I think, signing stuff.

I have a few pieces signed, sort of special to me. I am sure it didn't change value much.

I think he also had to sign a restraining order against you!!!

:ponder::P:P

That's really cool, I think that if I was him, I'd be pleased to know that I still have followers and fans after all this years :)

I'm jealous.

In this interview here, Leonard Tramiel seems to not know where the last prizes went to. Or at least he doesn't really address that. But, for what it is worth:

http://classicgaming.gamespy.com/View.php?...tail&id=268

Marty: What happened to the rest of the Sword Quest series prizes (the crown the philosopher's stone), and was there a specific reason for canceling it when Atari transferred hands to your family? Some have speculated that because you were primarily interested in Atari for it's name in computers that it would be natural for you to cancel this. Do you know what happened to the prototype to the Airworld cartridge as well?

Leonard: If I remember correctly the Sword Quest series had a set of contests associated with it. This, combined with very little in the way of public interest, were the major reasons for cancellation. I wasn't involved in this one at all so I'm going by what I happened to hear over the years. I have no recollection of any Airworld items.