IGNORED

Thanatos' gameroom

thanatos

Most people would call this the 'dining room' and have an annoying table and china cabinet in there or something. Not me! I'm very lucky my wife doesn't care about that kind of crap either! Hell, the microphones are for her karaoke machine.

The glaringly large item in the front would be what I consider the 'crown jewel' of my collection. It's definitely the heaviest item in it. :D

gameroom.jpg

This is not my whole collection, I'm not really a 'displayer'. Systems I'm not currently playing gets boxed back up and put into the closet or basement, since I'm an evil smoker and don't want my stuff unnecessarily affected.

The wire rack houses the 'permanent' items, like the PS2, Wii, Generation NEX, and of course the wife's karaoke machine. The stackable drawers house more commonly played, but not as often stuff, like the Jaguar, Dreamcast, and SNES. Lately I've been playing the 7800, so that's why it's currently on the floor in front of the TV.

Just for fun, here's what my gaming PC setup looks like on a 'good' night of MMO playing. :)

PC_Desk.jpg

Finally, since I was talking CoCo in Tempest's thread, here (was) my CoCo setup. (Sold off most of the extraneous hardware last year, since I just was never going to actually use it anymore). The iPod and Rock Band were included in the picture to prove to a CoCo group that it wasn't an ancient photo (Since that Phantom Menace calendar in the background wouldn't help!) Next to the floppy drives, not pictured, was a 20 meg (yes, meg) hard drive. The screen is the system booted to the OS/9 operating system. I still say today it beat the hell out of Microsoft's OS of the time, but don't get me started on that...

os9-rb-ipod.jpg

Neo Geo 2-Slot.

gallery_14204_377_8701.jpg

And my latest, something I've wanted for 25 years. I finally have a Spy Hunter!

gallery_14204_377_275529.jpg

Edited by thanatos
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
You need to get some atari goodness thanatos...or shall i give you an atari transplant

interesting setup anyways....not so much of the mountain dew though (it might give you wings)

I mentioned in my first post that for the classic stuff, everything is put away when not being played. There's a Flashback 2 and a Jaguar in the drawers, and plenty of 2600 carts in the house. And I got my first heavy-sixer this past weekend, I posted that one in the marketplace forum.

Is that an AES hiding n the darkness like Michael Jackson's son, Blanket?

Good eye! :)

That was an expensive decision. Sure, I got a deal on the AES. Then you start to buy games for it... Kiss your money goodbye!

You need to get some atari goodness thanatos...or shall i give you an atari transplant

interesting setup anyways....not so much of the mountain dew though (it might give you wings)

I mentioned in my first post that for the classic stuff, everything is put away when not being played. There's a Flashback 2 and a Jaguar in the drawers, and plenty of 2600 carts in the house. And I got my first heavy-sixer this past weekend, I posted that one in the marketplace forum.

That was an expensive decision. Sure, I got a deal on the AES. Then you start to buy games for it... Kiss your money goodbye!

How much did you pay?

How much did you pay?

$200 for the boxed system (Japanese version)

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...