IGNORED

Another discussion... Deus Ex

Heaven/TQA

I am just watching Deus Ex Machine on my C64 for x-times now...

But still I am under the impression... a lot of the fx can be recreated on A8... I mean the fullscreen fx or border fx are tricky on c64 simply because of using sprites and vic tricks but hey... should be possible? (and of course the FLI fx had to be TIP but well... not a major issue)...

and for me the best FX in Deus EX is the beginning with the tiling apart directory screen... that kicks still ass...

Seeing the demo "Crest Slide Story" on the C64 and that the whole complex thing with graphics and Sprite overlay works without even one wrong shown Pixel, makes one thing clear:

We still need 100% working developer tools and a proper emulation.

It's some kind of beeing helpless like trying to jump for reaching an Apple of a tree that stands on the other side of a canyon... without them.

Knowing the fact that the Atari can show up to 23 colours per scanline, we don't even have a graphicsconverter that shows multicolor PMg in hires....

All we need on the Atari is a graphics tool that has a clear look at the colour bits every scanline... checking all avalalble combinations of background and pm overlay and scanline splits, and adjust the necessary...

Knowing the fact that the Atari can show up to 23 colours per scanline, we don't even have a graphicsconverter that shows multicolor PMg in hires....

Well, you could always write your own...