IGNORED

At Long Last! The 2009 Shodown Begins! - ROUND ONE!

Rhindle The Red

The 2009 AtariAge Vintage Arcade Game Shodown - Division A - Round One, part 1  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Pac-Man vs. Bubble Bobble

• Pac-Man
    • Bubble Bobble
  2. 2. Star Castle vs. Stargate

• Star Castle
    • Stargate
  3. 3. Arkanoid vs. Tapper

• Arkanoid
    • Tapper
  4. 4. Bosconian vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

• Bosconian
    • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Yes, I know I never seem to be able to get these things together in a timely fashion. No excuses, but things have gotten crazy at home with six little kittens running around. I just don't have the free time I once did.

Anywhooo....

Here are the four fights that will kick off the 2009 AtariAge Vintage Arcade Game Shodown:

Pac-Man vs. Bubble Bobble

Star Castle vs. Stargate

Arkanoid vs. Tapper

Bosconian vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

The full brackets of the tournament are attached. A few titles were nominated, but did not make the cut (ties were decided by lots):

TMNT II

Missile Command

Salamander

Elevator Action

Gyruss

Pac-Mania

Space Invaders, pt. II

John Elway's Team Quarterback

post-51-1248324569_thumb.png

So lemme get this straight The most mind numbingly awesome game ever...Star Castle is losing to pffft......Stargate?? and the Totally Radical TMNT is losing to a game named after a vaguely choco flavored drink additive?? http://s7d5.scene7.com/is/image/vermontcou...250&hei=335

I'm not trying to raise a ruckus with my comments i just find it interesting is all :)

Edited by kroogur

So lemme get this straight The most mind numbingly awesome game ever...Star Castle is losing to pffft......Stargate?? and the Totally Radical TMNT is losing to a game named after a vaguely choco flavored drink additive?? http://s7d5.scene7.com/is/image/vermontcou...250&hei=335

I'm not trying to raise a ruckus with my comments i just find it interesting is all :)

I agree, it's a travesty. But that's why we play the game, so to speak... ;-) You win some, you lose some.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...