IGNORED

What's my Data Age record worth?

zizzaxxon

I have the supersweet Data Age advertising record from the 80's. I've been hanging onto this thing forever, not because I ever thought it would be worth anything, but because the actual recording on it is SO trippy and SO sweet. Unfortunately the waters of Hurricane Ike reached it and severely compromised the paper backing, so I had to remove the plastic record from the paper backing or it would have been held forever in a warped position. The record itself was completely unaffected and still plays fine. I found the mp3 recording of the record on this website, but to this day (and I'm guessing it becomes less likely with every day that passes) I have never encountered a single other person who has this record, never seen one listed on eBay, never even seen one listed anywhere. I think Zorkmids are more common than this record. So is there ANY determinable market value as to this record?

Yeah, it sounds awesome. Reminds me of The Twilight Zone for some reason. I like this audio so much, it's being included in my No-Budget Sci-Fi Comedy I'm currently working on.

Unfortunately, Data Age made crappy games (especially Sssnake) except L5, Warplock, And Frankenstein. Even those weren't too exciting.

Yeah, it sounds awesome. Reminds me of The Twilight Zone for some reason. I like this audio so much, it's being included in my No-Budget Sci-Fi Comedy I'm currently working on.

Unfortunately, Data Age made crappy games (especially Sssnake) except L5, Warplock, And Frankenstein. Even those weren't too exciting.

Sorry to pp on your thread dude but Frankenstein is awesome game. "Not too exciting" :roll:

As far as the record goes I have one so your not the only one and I don't care how much it costs; I'm not selling mine....

I have the supersweet Data Age advertising record from the 80's. I've been hanging onto this thing forever, not because I ever thought it would be worth anything, but because the actual recording on it is SO trippy and SO sweet. Unfortunately the waters of Hurricane Ike reached it and severely compromised the paper backing, so I had to remove the plastic record from the paper backing or it would have been held forever in a warped position. The record itself was completely unaffected and still plays fine. I found the mp3 recording of the record on this website, but to this day (and I'm guessing it becomes less likely with every day that passes) I have never encountered a single other person who has this record, never seen one listed on eBay, never even seen one listed anywhere. I think Zorkmids are more common than this record. So is there ANY determinable market value as to this record?

Pic Please. HHW

Yes I hate to tell you this but its not worth much more then $15 max. The record is a rare item but its one of those rare items that does not command a lot of money, infact I sold my copy to Wonder007 for next to nothing.

:ponder: :!: :!: