IGNORED

Coleco Adam and Colecovision Power Supply

RangerG

I've checked some of the past threads, but I still need to clarify one question with the Adam. Does the Colecovision power supply work with the Adam computer to only power Colecovision games? I believe it will IF you splice/connect the Adam power supply end to it, but not in stock form - is this correct?

That's what I thought from the posts. Do you splice/connect it to the end of the printer cord ? That light brown cord with the flat end? On e-coleco the picture is of the Colecovision power supply even though it says Adam game power supply.

eColeco just rewires the connecting end of the cable of a standard CV power supply with a standard 9-pin connector. The problem is that such a standard 9-pin connector doesn't fit well into the Adam's memory console, so you have to chip off a piece of plastic from the console, or remove the plastic casing around the 9-pin connector for it to connect properly.

That's why I'm still waiting for doubledown to resume his work on his custom ADAM power supply. ;)