IGNORED

is there any app on the PC that mimics Degas Elite?

question is the title really. is there anything that looks and feels like degas that has been written by an st fan for the PC perhaps for ST games development?

i know some of u guys still develop for ST so do u use pc based stuff?

Steve

Not exactly like Degas Elite but a very very decent pixel pusher program is grafx2:

http://code.google.com/p/grafx2/

sshot_svn693.gif

And it's free and multiplatform :)

*EDIT* PLUS it loads and saves .PI1 and .PC1 files directly - perfectly to do pixels for the ST on your modern machine!

Edited by simonsunnyboy

damn. i was relying on the st community to have ported it to be honest :/

Steve

I don't get on well with promotion or that dpaint clone ssb said about, I'd love a DegasElite+ for the PC - that would be the best thing ever.

Paint Shop Pro 4.

It's so reassuringly old (and stable), and it runs on anything from Win95 up. Only a 4MB install. Also saves in the various Amiga/Atari formants, .IFF etc. Certainly enough formats to get it onto an ST in some form or another.

I still use it with XP. Although the install is a bit back to front, to get it to work with a Restricted (non Administrator) Profile. You need to promote the user to an Admin, ...do the install with that user, ..and then demote them back to a plain user. I run Linux here 99% of the time, and when I do use XP it's NEVER as an Administrator.

I run Linux here 99% of the time, and when I do use XP it's NEVER as an Administrator.

Bad experiences with XP Aly? Also I use Ubuntu from time to time but I admit I need to learn more about the fundamentals, Terminal commands, overall system structure etc.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

damn. i was relying on the st community to have ported it to be honest :/

Steve

Hi, try this (Degas ELITE XL - Win98 to WIN7 tools for ATARI ST/E) :

http://ataritools.fr.gd (main page) after that, you go to ST-DEXL part in the menu and go on ... icon_mrgreen.gif documentation UK/US in pdf format is at the same location (I expect it's not too worst english icon_razz.gif ).

dexl_06.jpg

Best,

Rudy

Edited by DearHorse

I was curious about this. When you make a picture with Degas or Neochrome, can you use all 512 colors in the same picture with an ST?

Hi,

1/ a question about the possibility to display all the 512 colors of the ST ? in this case answer is yes with raster interrupt spectrum 512 can generate 48 colors each scan line so a screen can easily displays 512 colors.

But no with degas elite or neochrome.

or

2/ about this little soft ? so answer is no. by now DEXL generate only PI1 compatible 320X200X16COLORS on screen (=ST/E standard format with no tricks). no more at this time or perhaps by a bug.

Rudy

• 3 months later...

Hi, try this (Degas ELITE XL - Win98 to WIN7 tools for ATARI ST/E) :

Can you please update the download link on your site, it seems broken.

Thank you!

Hi,

Sorry for the response delay but I'm very busy with new home.

Well, I just put a 1.4 version of DEXL inline at ataritools.fr.gd, lots features (still working) are desactivated by now because the soft change to support

all ATARI ST/E - resolutions and 2 of the TT030 and must be tested.

This add is an intermediate release , far than definitive tool.

Best wishes

Rudy