IGNORED

Matt Chat on Deja Vu and ICOM Simulations

ICOM Games  

5 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best ICOM Simulations game?

• Deja Vu
    • Uninvited
    • Shadowgate
    • Deja Vu II
    • Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Hi, guys, I'm back this week with an episode covering the Macventure adventure game series. These are really innovative games inspired by the Mac's GUI-based OS. The clip also features video from several ports, including the ST, so check it out!

As always, comments are greatly appreciated. :D

I like them all--they may have the same interface, but the storylines and so on are so different that it's almost hard to compare them. I guess I spent the most time with Shadowgate, though Deja Vu is probably the best all round and least imitative of other games. Uninvited was a breakthrough, too, of course--one of the first games that really scared me. :)

I like them all--they may have the same interface, but the storylines and so on are so different that it's almost hard to compare them. I guess I spent the most time with Shadowgate, though Deja Vu is probably the best all round and least imitative of other games. Uninvited was a breakthrough, too, of course--one of the first games that really scared me. :)

This may be a dumb question to ask but is there a way to play these older games on a new Imac computer or would it be best to hunt down a classic Mac computer?

This may be a dumb question to ask but is there a way to play these older games on a new Imac computer or would it be best to hunt down a classic Mac computer?

That's a good question. I have an iMac I use at work, but only XP and Vista at home. I would think it would be easier, but not certain.

I believe there are Windows versions for most of the ICOM games. Also, you can get some on consoles:

Shadowgate (NES and Gameboy Color)

Deja Vu (NES and Gameboy Color as part of a two pack with part 2)

Deja Vu II (Gameboy Color-as part of a two pack with part 1)

Uninvited (NES)

Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective (Part 1 and part 2 are on TG-16 CD Rom while Part 1 is also on Sega CD).

I have a copy of Sherlock Holmes for PC if anyone wants it. I believe these games were all on Windows also.

I believe there are Windows versions for most of the ICOM games. Also, you can get some on consoles:

Shadowgate (NES and Gameboy Color)

Deja Vu (NES and Gameboy Color as part of a two pack with part 2)

Deja Vu II (Gameboy Color-as part of a two pack with part 1)

Uninvited (NES)

Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective (Part 1 and part 2 are on TG-16 CD Rom while Part 1 is also on Sega CD).

I have a copy of Sherlock Holmes for PC if anyone wants it. I believe these games were all on Windows also.

Thanks for the info, Triverse! I've been trying to hunt these down for my ST computers with no such luck.

• 1 month later...