IGNORED

Atari 2600 Trak-Ball Missile Command

Albert

Aaaack!  Y’all used my real name in the thanks list!  Way to blow my secret identity, guys.  When Luthor shows up on my front doorstep, I’ll know who to blame!

Sorry, I didn't know (should I?). Albert will remove that soon (I hope).

I was mostly just trying to give ya a hard time. Still, I do kinda like the anonymity of hiding behind my initialized name. Don’t know why, really. It’s not like I’m interesting enough to have a stalker or anything. :P

what list are you guys friggin talking about? :?

http://www.atariage.com/hack_page.html?Sys...ftwareHackID=70

I quote : "Thanks go out to Eckhard Stolberg and SS, who provided valuable testing support for Thomas."

I'm so darned cool.

(don't mind me; it's been a long week and it's only Monday)

{edited to preserve my sanity}

I figured out which trakball I got before sending the check out for my copy of Missile Command TB. :)

Fine! Which version did you order?

I was just assigned an CX-80 version, but saw this thread and hopped on my motorcycle and went the one mile back home to get the trackball controller out of the closet, and saw that it is an CX-22.So I already emailed Albert and got it straightened out.So the message board really did help...having to ride two miles to get the answer did not! :P

what list are you guys friggin talking about? :?

http://www.atariage.com/hack_page.html?Sys...ftwareHackID=70

I quote : "Thanks go out to Eckhard Stolberg and SS, who provided valuable testing support for Thomas."

I'm so darned cool.

(don't mind me; it's been a long week and it's only Monday)

{edited to preserve my sanity}

How about me... the one who gave Thomas the idea?!? ^___^ :D

-your local fame leeching friend,

• 2 years later...

Old thread but; what happened to the Missile Command TB cartridge that you could buy from this site? Is it still available? If not, is there any other way to get the game onto a cartridge (other than Cuttle Cart type solutions)?

Also, this game would be more arcade-like if someone could get rid of the 3 shots in the air limit too. The arcade had no such limit and if you wanted to use up all your shots in just a few seconds with rapid fire and have none left to shoot down the remaining incoming missiles, well that was your choice, lol.

Old thread but; what happened to the Missile Command TB cartridge that you could buy from this site? Is it still available? If not, is there any other way to get the game onto a cartridge (other than Cuttle Cart type solutions)?

Since it is only 4K, I am 100% sure, someone around here, will be able to make a cart for you.

And I still have some hope, that AA can make some deal with "Atari" and at least some of the hacks may return to the store.

Also, this game would be more arcade-like if someone could get rid of the 3 shots in the air limit too. The arcade had no such limit and if you wanted to use up all your shots in just a few seconds with rapid fire and have none left to shoot down the remaining incoming missiles, well that was your choice, lol.

I know, but since memory and graphic objects are very limited for the 2600, IMO those 3 shots are a good compromise. Else you would probably run out of memory and the shots would flicker quite hefty.

Since it is only 4K, I am 100% sure, someone around here, will be able to make a cart for you.

Is there anyone who can make that cartridge along with labels just like the ones they used to sell here at Atariage? Or does anyone have an extra copy of one they bought here that they want to sell? Since it is your game, do you have any extras on a cart with the nice label to sell?

I know, but since memory and graphic objects are very limited for the 2600, IMO those 3 shots are a good compromise. Else you would probably run out of memory and the shots would flicker quite hefty.

Ahh, I never thought about that. Thanks for pointing it out.