IGNORED

Fight Ghost and Goblins on your Colecovision!

youki

Ghost'n Zombie has been reviewed in Retrogamer magazine (http://www.retrogamer.net/) number 69!!

It obtains a good note of 81%. :) Not bad at all for a first try! :)

Ok, now I'm jaleous! :P

Congratulations! I don't think my first Coleco game got that much attention and score when it came out.

Are you ready for your next release already? Maybe a sequal?

Are you ready for your next release already? Maybe a sequal?

oh, no not ready at all. I have a just a set of very promising routine.

A huge bunch of ideas for new game . And I started on one of those idea that should be something Smurfy.

Concerning sequels for GnZ , yes it is planed since the beginning. My idea was to do a Trilogy.

Of course it will depend on feedback on the first one.

I'm looking foward that everybody receive their cartridges!!

• 2 weeks later...

So when can us less fortunate expect to spend our money on one?

Expect to see Ghost N Zombies in your mailbox very soon! :)

Any updates?

Yep! ... I'm at 70% of all orders already shiped . I'll ship the rest Monday :)

I was supposed to go to the Post Office today but I've a bad cold keeping me at home (no works today)

Every copy of Ghost N Zombies has been shipped! :D

Happy gaming!

Some of you should have already received the cartridge.

Would you have any Feedback on the game?

Thanks

Have to say I am disappointed with collision detection and how the bottom half of the characters body doesn't match the top half. Graphics are awesome!

Thanks Yurkie.

Collision detections (between monsters and knights) are done volontary only on the up half of the body of the Knight. Otherwise it would be almost unplayable , too painfull. (mainly when zombies attacks).

The collision detections against plateforms are indeed perfectible. but i didn't have on byte free to be able to correct that. :(

how the bottom half of the characters body doesn't match the top half

What you mean by that?

how the bottom half of the characters body doesn't match the top half

What you mean by that?

I don't know what he did means by that, maybe he talks about the colors, I don't know. I like colors.

Well, I've received a dedicated copy of the game from Youki (thanks) and I've tried it during an hour and I wasn't able to reach the end yet. Yes, it's a very challenging game, with a lot of different screens and ennemies, I like it. :love:

The difficulty level at some places is more than challenging. Different ennemies and movement patterns are quite fun to deal with. And, I must suggest to never be directly over or below a mutant plant thing because at this position you're dead if it shoots. :x

Dealing with a not perfect collision detection was frustrating at first. One strange thing I did experience is being over a slowly flying thing that hurts me but I was clearly not touching it, and also at the second boss I was killed by an invisible thing and very quickly, very strange (and I had still plenty of time). :?

I did discover a glitch that helped me at two occasions and killed me at one place because I was not supposed to be there : climb one step in a ladder and then press fire to reach the top at hyper speed. This glitch helped me to shoot the first plant thing very quickly, and killed me by being stuck in the roof and doing a jump (the only thing possible to do) kills me. :roll:

Overall, considering it's your first game for the ColecoVision, it's a very complex one and the result is buggy but very well made. By the way, I'm still jaleous! :D

Dealing with a not perfect collision detection was frustrating at first. One strange thing I did experience is being over a slowly flying thing that hurts me but I was clearly not touching it,

You have been touched by the force field around a little demon. :D

and also at the second boss I was killed by an invisible thing and very quickly, very strange (and I had still plenty of time).

the second boss sent you a mortal spell. :D

More seriouly, for the second one, i never noticed that problem. :(

I'm aware of that little glitches , but i had to do lot of compromise to make fit the game in 32K , and make it enjoyable.

Anyway Daniel, thanks a lot for your feedback!.