IGNORED

Fight Ghost and Goblins on your Colecovision!

youki

I can make a video compilation of my experiences and share it to you privately as a Youtube friend.

I've finally managed to win the game, score 5090... not bad I guess. Did the extra time add up to the score? I'll upload a video "Let's play" tonight.

* EDIT - VIDEO OF MY BEST TIME AND SCORE *

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTejxIozLrA

Edited by newcoleco

I can make a video compilation of my experiences and share it to you privately as a Youtube friend.

I've finally managed to win the game, score 5090... not bad I guess. Did the extra time add up to the score? I'll upload a video "Let's play" tonight.

* EDIT - VIDEO OF MY BEST TIME AND SCORE *

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=YTejxIozLrA

...please post your score in the Colecovision HSC Ghost and Zombies-thread!

I saw the new video newcoleco posted on youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq82RoOQWvE&feature=email

I had a similar problem when I released Magical Tree. That cost me a recall, where I had to pay for new cartridges and shipping. Our business is a risky one, with people paying $30+ for a game, we must do everything possible to make sure they get what they paid for.

I remember when John Dondzila did publish my game DacMan and nobody seems to find a bug in it, but there was one and therefor the first 10 or so cartridges released at the Classic Gaming Expo was buggy, that's why I did a couple of versions after ( 1.0 -> 1.3 ) to fix this problem. As for the first 10 cartridges, surprizingly I didn't heard about them, except one who said he prefers to keep his buggy version... sentimental-collector value I guess. So, yeah, even if a bunch of people did try the game, bugs can be found after. Sometimes, bugs are not a big deal, look at some games featuring Mario and the various glitches people like exploit for fun.

Edited by newcoleco

On that video, there are only 3 glitches(i was aware of 2 of them) That Daniel shows and re-show and show again and again.

(i don't really know the goal of that... if it was just to show me bugs you don't need to repeat it again and again)

The game is perfectly playable , and from feedbacks i received on my mail, 5 on 7 says : "It is one of the best game on colecovision , if not the best" and the 6 say : "it's really an excellent game" and the last says : "it is incredible , its looks like more a NES game than a Coleco one".

I think these comment are of course a little bit exagerated , but Retrogamer magazine give it a evaluation of 81% that is quite fair i think.

Seeing Daniel's video , it looks like the game is unplayable , that is not the case at all.

The game is not perfect (and it was specified earlier in this thread), but largely above lot of commercial production.

On that video, there are only 3 glitches(i was aware of 2 of them) That Daniel shows and re-show and show again and again. (i don't really know the goal of that... if it was just to show me bugs you don't need to repeat it again and again)
Well, my video title is correct, it's about glitches and my numerous death sequences... and some of them, I think, can't be explained.

So far, I did notice these issues : color glitch, no pants glitch, ladder jump glitch, shooting backward glitch, multiple kills glitch, warp glitch, stuck in the roof glitch, killed by jumping over snowflakes glitch, killed by going down a ladder when someone pass by glitch, killed by jumping during boss battle glitch, killed by jumping too high glitch, killed by unknow reason during boss battle glitch, killed by moving to the next screen glitch.

Opcode gives you his experience, he just want to help you, you know. And, it's a way I've done myself once but I was lucky to not ship any cartridge yet.

I consider some of these issues should be fixed, in my humble opinion, but it's up to you

Beside that, it's a great game, I had fun playing it... and nobody's perfect, except opcode. ;-)

And if I go back to my experience with DacMan, all my friends and John Dondzila never find the bug that was present from the first versions, I had to find it by myself after numerous hours and of course it was too late for the CGE2K.

Edited by newcoleco

There are 3 glitchs.

1 Collision detection that are not pixel perfect (most of your glitch you noticed are due to that).

2 the ladder glitch (so using that glitch you can manage do go on the roof...and of course here..you are not in an expected case)

3 the one that annoy me the most because i was not aware of that one : killed by jumping at a special position while fighting the 2nd boss.

And the rom you have is a special version i compiled for you is not the one that is on the cartridge. It is based on old revision.

to be able to entre your name in the intro screen and the fingerprint).

On the cartridge , for instance the "killed by moving to the next screen glitch" should be fixed and the "color" glitch should be fixed i think too.

The "no pants" one , is not a glitch the pants are here . Even on your video. Look closer.

The "no pants" one , is not a glitch the pants are here . Even on your video. Look closer.
We are not looking at the same place I guess. I'm talking about the 5th sprite, which is the ennemy pants. This can be solved if you simply don't use the player's bottom sprite instead of keeping it behind. Edited by newcoleco

ah ok , I thought you spoke about the player pants.

I have a solution for all the glitchs i just don't have bytes free to fix them. (or i have to remove a screen that i didn't want).

Anyway, i'm very satisfied with that game even if not perfect.

You will see the next game... you won't even believe it is really on a colecovision! :)

Scott... Scott Huggins? Could it be the long awaited Frantic!??? His own take on the Berzerk/Frenzy style of game? If he completes that one... wow! This is a banenr year for the Colecovision! It'll rival 1982 and 1983!!

I would be surprised if it were Frantic. He and I were working on that for a while but the last time Scott and I talked about it, he seemed to have lost interest in that one. Shame too, I really enjoyed designing the graphics and levels for that but ultimately it's up to him since he's doing the hard part of actually coding it.

I could be wrong though, maybe he revisited the idea.

Scott... Scott Huggins? Could it be the long awaited Frantic!??? His own take on the Berzerk/Frenzy style of game? If he completes that one... wow! This is a banenr year for the Colecovision! It'll rival 1982 and 1983!!

I would be surprised if it were Frantic. He and I were working on that for a while but the last time Scott and I talked about it, he seemed to have lost interest in that one. Shame too, I really enjoyed designing the graphics and levels for that but ultimately it's up to him since he's doing the hard part of actually coding it.

I could be wrong though, maybe he revisited the idea.

Not too long ago, Scott told me himself he lost interest in that project completely. Frantic is condemned to vaporwareness. Too bad... :sad:

Not too long ago, Scott told me himself he lost interest in that project completely. Frantic is condemned to vaporwareness. Too bad... :sad:

Strange because we both got interviewed a couple of months ago and he seemed still be working on the game... So did he quit or just moved on to another project? (sorry for hijacking the thread)

Strange because we both got interviewed a couple of months ago and he seemed still be working on the game... So did he quit or just moved on to another project? (sorry for hijacking the thread)

That was the story. And it appeared that it was something he was pretty psyched about...

• 8 months later...

That was the story. And it appeared that it was something he was pretty psyched about...

I've had my copy of Ghosts n Zombies for a while now... it's still sealed... I'm too scared to open it. LOL. No point either as I don't have a Colecovision yet!

• 2 weeks later...