IGNORED

Jaguar game reviews in 25 words or less

Overlord

You gotta be quick sometimes :P , you had a month or more time to buy one before the problems surfaced and it was discontinued, for now. ;) The Jaguar is my favorite Atari so I follow it's scene more closely, to be on top of these things, dispite the drama.

What's your favorite Atari system Thorsten?

• Like 1

You gotta be quick sometimes :P , you had a month or more time to buy one before the problems surfaced and it was discontinued, for now. ;) The Jaguar is my favorite Atari so I follow it's scene more closely, to be on top of these things, dispite the drama.

My favourite system is my 800XL, as the A8 scene lacks these drama queens.

Thorsten

• Like 5

Cool! Nice choice- the Atari 800 is my favorite Atari computer, has been since I first saw it and wanted one when I got my first VCS in 1982.

My favourite system is my 800XL, as the A8 scene lacks these drama queens

Of course this implies that you chose the 800XL, because the A8 scene is so much cooler, which it definitely is. ;)

But my favorite Atari is the Jaguar solely because of the Jaguar hardware system, which was, of course, the last and most powerful of the Legend that is Atari. It's a high quality system made in the USA by the very reputable International Business Machines and Motorola companies respectively. The Jaguar scene is secondary to me, and provides some support when I am not using my Jaguar - that's all. And yes that is nice to have, even in it's fractured state, but aftermarket Jaguar support drama or no drama has no bearing on how much or how little I enjoy the Jaguar - I am not a coder, I'm just a Jaguar player. :) Jag would still be my fav, even if I didn't have the internet and access to the Jag scene.

Edited by ovalbugmann

Thorsten

Let me come into your house and steal all your stuff and see if you don't become a drama queen.

You can blame the pirate scum queens for you not being able to get a copy. Mostly over seas and

why the policy was made. Maybe if some of you Euro's stood with the developers instead of the

pirates, (that means those of you who are willing to accept pirates just so you can have new games)

We developers might feel like there is real support for us out there, instead of the half dozen who

truly do. Chances are those half dozen will be the only ones to ever see our games.

Now with that said, if you want to produce a game, put out big money to make the carts, then see some

scumbag dump and hack the ROM to it before you get even your cost back, and be completely understanding

of such stuff, go ahead but some of us DONT like standing around while someone is humping us in the poop

shoot.

It's a high quality system made in the USA by the very reputable International Business Machines and Motorola companies respectively.

Ah yes, it's obviously American, what with Flare being from Cambridge, UK. Hey, I bet you sunk all those German submarines in U571 as well, and lets not forget that Robin Hood was also American. Whooohoooo for the USA!

• Like 1

Ah yes, it's obviously American, what with Flare being from Cambridge, UK. Hey, I bet you sunk all those German submarines in U571 as well, and lets not forget that Robin Hood was also American. Whooohoooo for the USA!

:roll:

:(

Was the Jaguar not Manufactured in the USA? I didn't mention whom or where it was designed, was I supposed to include that information when talking about it's manufacture?

I have NEVER said anything demeaning, or arrogant to you and I welcomed you and your team to the Jaguar scene.(I'm only a gamer and want more Jaguar games) So why now are you being arrogant to me?

I was stating that the Jaguar was a made in USA product, which is usually always better and at a higher standard than cheap foriegn Asian made products in general.

I am thankful John Mathieson of FlareII, the father of the Jaguar, primarilly designed the system and sold his design and his company to Atari, which was HIS CHOICE to get his design out to the world.

Don't assume I don't know the full story here or try to make this a USA vs. Britain thing - each country had their part in bringing the Jaguar to the world. I don't appreciate your sarcastic comments or anti-US attitude. I am trying to bring France :), the U.K. :), Germany :), and the U.S. Jag-scenes together to have a better Devscene than we do now.

Hey dude, WTF? I'm one of Reboots' supporters! man! - check your inbox, about a note I sent you 2 months or so ago offering to help your crew with the only thing I can offer to help you Jagdev with and know how to do well on the Jag that's: -Cinepak video creation& compression, just incase you guys wanted to do a Cd release and wanted some cut-scenes in your games. I sent a carbon copy to the others in your group and kZa is the only one who responded to me while you and Promethea just ignored me.

Don't pick on me because I am happen to be a member on the Jaguar Sector where your real enemies are and I don't intended to waste more of my time doing a keyboard fight with you. My other post was only to convey that Jaguar devving and it's scene are not as good to me as playing my preferred Atari: the Jaguar.

• Like 1

Don't pick on me because I am happen to be a member on the Jaguar Sector where your real enemies are and I don't intended to waste more of my time doing a keyboard fight with you. My other post was only to convey that Jaguar devving and it's scene are not as good to me as playing my preferred Atari: the Jaguar.

WTF has this got to do with those idiots? Or is it JS2 member policy to derail every single thread on this forum and turn it into a bitchfest?

I'm not fighting with you at all, just pointing out that the Jag isn't American. But if you wanna get all uppity and take it personal, I'll go sing the National Anthem of Kazakhstan to the tune of your anthem :P

Oh and thanks for the offer of help, it really was apreciated :)

• Like 1

Aww let's not fight about such silly things, keep it real ppl ;)

There's enough petty name calling & anger in the jaguar community without playing those games at AA. Oval, Morden didn't mean it as offensively as you took it, just making a point about the richer background the Jaguar has than many people believe reading the Made in the USA sticker on the box.

Reboot are not anti-American - two of our testing team (who are practically members of the group, call them the support group if you like) & our new coder are in the USA - we're a 5-nation team now :)

It doesn't really matter where it was made or designed or any of that, what's important now is who's making games & supporting the few remaining fans wherever they live in the world. All of us at Reboot & Jagware do our best towards that goal. BTW, Xbox360 is considered an American product from an American company but it's made in China ;) But who cares? Playing games & making them is where the fun is at, not bickering in geeky forums ;)

• Like 2

just pointing out that the Jag isn't American.

Sure, that's fine Mr. Morden in pointing that out but you can see I am an American(Phoenix), so why did you have to be so sarcastic about it? You know you made it seem like I was tooting the "America is best" horn or something.(which I wasn't) I was just saying it was made in the US, is all.

And you say:

I bet you sunk all those German submarines in U571 as well, and lets not forget that Robin Hood was also American. Whooohoooo for the USA!

WhooooHooooo for the USA! Sounds very similar to Whop-de-do-da-dumb for the USA! yeehaw!

Psychology says sarcasm(which is the part of your post I quoted) always has roots in the way a person really feels and while it may seem like a joke to the person saying it(you) it is usually offensive to the person it was said to(me).

You made me feel like it's bad to be an American. :| I'm just saying you could have mentioned the Jag was designed primarilly in Europe by a Brit without the negative comments directed right towards me since you can see it says my location on the left.

I really want to get away from all these obvious boundries we have as members of different countries. We are all involved in the Jaguar in some way so why can't we put those geographical and mentally instilled sociological country barriers behind us and be one big happy Jaguar group that doesn't have to make fun of others' countries???

I'm sorry if I am being over-sensitive(which I may be doing) here concerning your comments Mr. Morden but the "WooooHoooo for the USA!" was clearly to say "fuck the USA" but not in so many words. Be honest, really, was it not??

Must be talking about the box :P

hehehehe. Sorry Ovalbug, Hollywood's "isn't america great" is just too much sometimes - I wasn't jumping down your throat.

Cool!, I did not see this post before I just posted that last one. I will admit: I am too sensitive and i need to grow a thicker skin.

My bad! :) :)

America is far from perfect, for one it's a friggin' police state(department of corrections/jails is the largest employer here in Arizona) and Marijuana :lust: is illegal while much more dangerous drugs are legal like alcohol and tobacco.

America holds the highest percentage of people in it's jails than any other country in the world, and they say a country can be judged by how it treats it's prisoners. Not good for the US, but I don't have the money to move to the Netherlands or even Vancouver, British Columbia, or northern California - where Marijuana laws are much much less.

EDIT: Please don't bother answering that last question from my previous post, about Whoohooo for the USA, lets not waste any more time on this non-sense. :) :)

Edited by ovalbugmann
  • Like 1

EDIT: Don't bother answering that last question from my previous post, about Whoohooo for the USA, lets not waste any more time on this non-sense. :) :)

Exactly. I've got bugs to squash to get a game for you to play ready :-) The only huge problem we have right now is that we keep getting sidetracked into playing it, which obviously slows us down....

My son said tonight when he played it for the first time "I like this game. Really good, Dad!" - so regardless of what anyone else thinks, that's my reward for doing it right there.

• Like 2

Well I've downloaded both videos and and they look just great!!! :D especially the H263 encoded video. H263/H264 is the most advanced digital video encoding available right now. I really like the background space formations and I am surprised by the size the rom is going to be 4MB! - that means it's going to be relatively deep and good I am sure! Vertical shooters are always fun and I look forward to getting the opportunity to play the game. :cool: I'm also glad you and Reboot have stuck to your guns and have not just given up on the Jaguar scene which you could have easily done considering there has been so many problems. I hope the worst of all the bad stuff is behind us now!

Cheers & Peace man! ;)

• Like 3

I know if I was a kid and my Dad made a cool video game and let me play it before he released it to the world I would think that was just the coolest thing ever! and I'm sure my friends would think it's quite neat also. :)

Good job, I'm sure your son appreciates that. :cool:

• Like 3

Let me come into your house and steal all your stuff and see if you don't become a drama queen.

You can blame the pirate scum queens for you not being able to get a copy.

No, instead I prefer blaming the guy responsible, and that is you.

Believe it or not, but Europe has 731 million inhabitants in about 50 countries, most of those being not even able to pronounce each other's names correctly, let alone knowing or meeting each other - such as I do not know the names of any Atari Jaguar pirates. By refusing to sell legitimate copies of 3DSS/Force Design titles based on their address you are mainly punishing those 99.x% of potential buyers who would give you their hard-earned money for a game (just like the CD industry did some years ago by selling "copy protected" CDs that wouldn't run in a car CD player or CD-ROM drives - while burned copies from illegally downloaded mp3s did) just to play and/or collect it to sort out the 0.x% of foul eggs (of which you do not even know where they live - the next pirate could as well be living in the U.S., and I seriously doubt you would expand your embargo to include that country). That is as reasonable as if I'd blame my Afghani colleague for insurgent attacks on ISAF troops.

In the A8 scene, GR8 software have their title "Bomb Jake" free for download and yet have created a cartridge that will run this program on a stock 64KB computer instead of the 320KB computer needed for the file. So much for coolness. The recent A8 titles "Hobgoblin" and "Yoomp!" also are free for download and have been published - and successfully sold - on cartridge. These guys all were proven that collectors and fans of a retro system want the "real thing" - i.e. a full-fledged "big box" version of a game instead of some file on their PC hard disk drive (that includes me, as e.g. Albert knows from my purchases from his store).

So, instead of lashing out against "evil Europeans", may I kindly suggest a little less paranoia and drama?

Thank you in advance.

Thorsten

• Like 6