IGNORED

Mario Bros (ColecoVision) READY TO SHIP! ***

retroillucid

IT'S HERE

...that is a cigarette smoke smell... FYI. *cough*

Cigarette smoke, eh? I knew that smelled familiar...

Anyways...I gave the game a few plays and it is really nice. When the kiddees get home we'll see how two player mode works out. Then, we'll compare to the 5200, 7800 and arcade versions and see how it stacks up.

There's a "secret level" in the game, pretty easy to find

The initial plan, was to add a bunch of new levels, but it'll have take forever to release the game

Interesting facts:

It has take 17 months for making this game (including making/encode Graphics by me with help of a friend here)

There is approximately 9500 lines of code (including data tables)

Got mine on Friday - looks great - smells terrible :ponder:

Only had time for a quick game and am very impressed - very polished and fun to play. I expect that two player will be a blast - have to wait for my daughter to get back from band camp before I can give that a go. This weekend will be fun :D

• Like 2

I don't have my cart yet...

YEA!!! My cart arrived today!! :lust:

Plugged it into the new A/V modded coleco and... the title screen loaded and then nothing :sad:

Tried it on another system (not modded) and it works great :) ... well once I found a working controller...

Played for a while and really enjoyed the game. Like the multi-colored cover on the instructions and liked having the box insert (SNES?). The red casing is nice also.

This will look nice with the Mario controllers purchased earlier.

Plugged it into the new A/V modded coleco and... the title screen loaded and then nothing :sad:

Tried it on another system (not modded) and it works great :) ... well once I found a working controller...

Beta testing has been done on my A/V Modded CV and everything works fine

:ponder:

I've played the game on my newly component modded CV with no problems : http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/153635-component-video-mod-for-colecovision/page__view__findpost__p__1927143

Has your BIOS also been modded? Perhaps the BIOS has been corrupted in some way?

Edited by Ikrananka

Got mine today, yay!

Very nice, professionally done, great manual.

FYI, found something interesting about this game. I play 99% of my games on a standalone ADAM. I re-read this thread again and there's no mention in messages or on the box or instructions about the ADAM.

Turns out player 1 is on controller 2 and you play Luigi. Player 2 is Mario on controller #1. El-reverso of standard CV play.

That's extremely odd... I've never heard of or seen a game that plays different on the Adam than the CV. Did you try it on an actually CV to make sure it's not that way there too? Just curious as this is kinda baffling me. :)

Ok I musta been smokin something bad that day because today it works fine on the ADAM. More to the point, if you just use controller 2 to start a one player game you play Luigi. Why I experienced what I did the other day I dont know. I could say controller #1 wasnt working but heck, I played a 2-player game, I just had to initiate it using controller 2. But today....normal. Sorry for the misinfo didnt mean to mislead anyone. I even tried removing and re-adding my 128K memory board from the ADAM to see if that was making the difference but no...

Edited by coleconut

I just want to let everyone know that if you are interested in a set of custom Controllers to go along with this awesome game cartridge please check out my thread. Revision and Clarification on Post #123

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/149793-mario-bros-custom-controllers-deposits-until-midnight-131/page__fromsearch__1

I started this project back in September of last year and I am ending the offer Sunday 1/31/10 at Midnight. Please post comments about the controller set on my thread. I went off topic simply to make people aware of these, if they weren't already.

Here is a picture of a boxed set of controllers.

post-23318-12645167306_thumb.jpg

Edited by Yurkie

Double post, but oh well. I picked up my controller set from the post office yesterday and they are great. So if anyone has the game and wants a nice controller set for it. Definitely get in touch with Yurkie quickly! The pictures really don't do them justice. They just look and feel amazing in person.

I still don't have my game yet though. I'm hoping it didn't get lost in the mail or something since it seems most US located people got theirs early this week. (Mon-Wed)