IGNORED

The GenMobile is coming... (Portable Genesis)

Before ordering, please note that Classic Video Gamer will soon have a $5 OFF discount code for the GenMobile on their site and it will also be in a similar ad as below in their next issue. So you may want to wait and find out that code before ordering.

The code can only be used on the GenMobile or any bundle that includes the GenMobile. Please visit the store for more information.

For those too lazy to visit the store to see the built-in game list here it is:

Alien Storm

Altered Beast

Sonic Spinball

Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle

Arrow Flash

Kid Chameleon

Decap Attack

Crack Down

Columns III

Sonic & Knuckles

ESWAT: City Under Siege

Ecco the Dolphin

Gain Ground

Flicky

Golden Axe

Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine

Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master

Ecco Jr.

Jewel Masher

Shadow Dancer

Here's a sneak peak of the ad we will be running in CVG:

stoneagegamer_magad_genmobile_preorder_nodc.jpg

Edited by StoneAgeGamer

Quick question, are these gonna be distributed to larger retailers like Targets and Wal-Marts, or is this more or less like a FC Twin and only gonna be found at gaming related chains. I figured since Target atleast had that Coleco handheld with 20 Sega titles, maybe ther was a chance it would get a chance to get some higher sales figures being in a B&M store.

It actually has a decent chance, the reason something like GNTwin and other famclones don't pop up at walmart, is they are escentually useless, without a game. And yeah....walmart's going to hold your hand when the crusty 20+ year old cart doesn't work. Something like this, with the game built in (or is it on a cart? anyhow, it's included) can pass off, cause customer service can just say "it's for runing the packiin game."

You'll of course have to look into the single function handheld section of the toystore though, it's useually by board games.

I'd rether get it online from someplace like SAG though, there's plenty of other people to support walmarts and such, but there's also plenty of stuff I'd be interested in hat only some place like SAG would have.

My guess for size, it will look almost as ridiculous as the FCtwin2 does with a NES cart sticking out the top of it :P Demension wise, slightly wider than a geny cart, about the same height (though the cart will probably fit about half in, so stick out the top) and about twice as thick. I got a comparison pic for the FC twin, but damn, it's still on te camera, so I'll have to post it later, but probably about the same size.

• 1 month later...

I don't know exactly. Last e-mail I got from Hyperkin stated that they were delaying launch to early October to work on some compatibility issues. How true this is a don't know. Innex's has also been delayed quite a few times already as well. They claim theirs will be out this week, however I have heard this the last 4 weeks.

Its situations like this that I hate taking pre-orders. Yes if I don't I lose out on sales to competitors.

Edited by StoneAgeGamer