IGNORED

Can the PS2 be used as an emulator?

eyg2181

I hear the original xbox can be used as an emulator for classic systems like the NES, 2600, and the genesis. With that being said, can it be don with the PS2 or a PSP (don't have one of these but they can't be that expensive used especially if it can't read games on a disc)

I hear the original xbox can be used as an emulator for classic systems like the NES, 2600, and the genesis. With that being said, can it be don with the PS2 or a PSP (don't have one of these but they can't be that expensive used especially if it can't read games on a disc)

Yes but requires modding. The Xbox does a much better job anyway. The PSP is easy to mod so long as it's an old fat model and it hasn't been updated.

You can soft mod the PS2 using an exploit on the memory card using an original PS1 game and some software you get online (you'll need a USB flash drive as well). It's kind of complicated, but I've successfully done it. It's certainly easier than soft-modding the original X-Box (which I have also done). The PS2 can do some emulation, but as Stitch said, the 'Box is FAR better at it (plus it has 4 built in control ports, so when you use MAMEOX, you can natively play 4 player arcade games. AWESOME!).