IGNORED

Super Football Error label

Philflound

I'd like to ask the community if anyone owns a copy of the following label of Super Football. It is the ©1988 which has Printed in Hong Kong on the main label. I want to know if the end label says Atari 2600 on their copy. I was on Staberinde's site looking for end labels when I ran across this error. I don't know if he's even aware of it, since he didn't correct it on his site, nor did he contact me with the error. The end label he has for this version states Atari 7800. So my question is, do all the ©1988 Printed in Hong Kong versions have Atari 7800 end labels. I'd like to know this for the photo website. Right now I'm only listing the error and not listing a correct version unless I have confirmation with scans.

post-1349-1249457131_thumb.jpg

post-1349-1249457135_thumb.jpg

I also forgot to note that the end label product number of CA400225-154 is different than the normal CA400064-154 that is on the other 2 normal Atari 2600 end labels. I'm thinking of going back after I'm done with Atari and reexamining all of the red label cartridges. I'm noticing the CA400***-154 is also different on all 3 main labels. I'm wondering if they have any significance. Version A has CA400066, version b has CA400067, and version c has CA400226. There may be more variations than I picked up on originally, but we'll have to see. I'm sorry I didn't finish the Atari section, but did 3 more titles tonight. 15 to go, so I hope to be done in a day or two.

Phil

Edited by Philflound

I went back and checked many of the red labels. There doesn't seem to be a rhyme nor reason for the product numbers. Most do have the C400066 with various countries on the main label. I didn't see any other error with a 7800 listing though. Does anyone have the error in their collection?

Phil

I'd like to ask the community if anyone owns a copy of the following label of Super Football. It is the ©1988 which has Printed in Hong Kong on the main label. I want to know if the end label says Atari 2600 on their copy.

I have that cart and It says 7800 on the end label.

The game is in PAL format.

Here's a pic:

post-10599-1249637004_thumb.jpg