IGNORED

Yurkie

tremoloman2006

Incredibally sad that have to post this about an established member and one who's reputation is exceptional. Unfortunately my experience of ordering an RGB Colecovision from Yurkie has turned out to be a very costly nightmare.

Contacted Yurkie based on this thread and his reputation, I'm in the UK so obviously this is my connection of choice and despite Yurkie being acorss the pond, I wanted a 60hz RGB Coleco with all the trimmings to give me the best experience. Reliability and trust with who you are dealing with is essential, and the cost is a side issue. .

After several communications, Yurkie finally put a Coleco aside for me and I paid $365 inc shipping via paypal gift on 17th November. I would not usually do this, however based on said reputation I felt as though the transaction would safe. I specified that the parcel needed to be well packaged and that must be sent insured and tracked..

Expecting the Coleco to arrive in about 2 weeks which is the average time parcels from theUS take to get to me I waited until the 2nd week December. Yurkie advised that overlooked sending my Coleco due to being away and some personal issues and would be sent on the 14th December. Being an understandable person I was happy with this and again asked Yurkie to send me a tracking number once sent. Again heard Nothing for over a month.

PM'd Yurkie again on the 21st January requesting an update and tracking info, nothing. PM'd on the 27th as a new thread in case had deleted in error, nothing.

Yurkie has logged onto the forum in that time, read my PM's and had activity in this thread. But still not had the courtesy to contact me.

Yurkie, I do not wish to make a scene out of this, particularly in public so would appreciate contact from you. All I ask for is information and my console which paid for 3 months ago, surely not too much to expect.

Dave

• 6 months later...

Edited lead sentence, Problems with Yurkie.

On 7-22 he said "I have your Colecovision finished."

On 8-9 "Sorry I have been super busy. I will get it out to you in the next day or two."

On 8-29 "I'll ship it tomorrow when I get home"

On 8-31 "Priority (tracking number)"

He can't drop it off at the postoffice apparently.

I really hope I get my system back based on his customer service. If I were to every use him again, I'd ask a lot of questions to make sure he can do the mods in a timely fashion.

I was so excited for this...very disappointing so far.

EDIT 9-17 My console arrived and I'm very pleased with Yurkie's work. The mods look good on the screen and on the console itself, very professional job.

Another member contacted me saying he was going through the same thing with Yurkie while I was.

I think it was just a series of unfortunate circumstances that happened to the both of us and nothing intentional...it happens. I still felt it should be mentioned.

• 1 month later...

I sent him some Colecovision controllers for refurbishing as I know his work (had a CV and controllers modded by him years ago) and he has a great reputation here on AtariAge. I am not going to lie when I say it took some time. Communication was not as swift as it had been years ago but then again he has been performing a lot of other system modifications since as I notice in the forums. In the end it did take some time (exactly 30 days to the day he had received them for me to get them back), but my controllers are back and look and feel fantastic. The level of work is on par with anything you would get from a big box company...from a single guy. I wholeheartedly recommend him for your Colecovision (or other) refurbishing needs. You may need to be really patient nowadays but it will pay off in the end. Thanks Todd.

Edited by eightbit

• 3 months later...

Todd came through again with a significant repair and mod job and brought my CBS CV back from the dead! Can't thank you enough pal! This is the only competent Colecovision repair person I know folks. If you need your Colecovision modded or serviced do not hesitate to contact him. He did some splendid work on mine and the cost was more than fair.

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I bought a Colecovision with every mod he offers except hdmi. It took a while and I didn't inquire in the meantime, but once I did my console was shipped soon after. Everything was packed as well as anything I've ever received through the mail. The console and controllers are all super clean and literally looks and feels brand new. The visible mods are all clean and professional looking and everything works flawlessly. Having a setup like this is a dream come true. :)

yurki1.jpg