IGNORED

The R.I.P. Atari 2600 cart list

homerwannabee

Only ever had two dead cartridges out of many hundreds of games, a Atari 2600 Ms. Pac-Man that died on me and stopped working (Though it revived itself once years later before I got a replacement copy for 1 session and never worked again afterwards, must be a bad solder joint), and a rental Urban Strike Super Nintendo cartridge that was dead after purchase.

I don't think we're going to start seeing 2600 cartridges and consoles biting the dust en mass. They've always occasionally stopped working.

Only ever had two dead cartridges out of many hundreds of games, a Atari 2600 Ms. Pac-Man that died on me and stopped working (Though it revived itself once years later before I got a replacement copy for 1 session and never worked again afterwards, must be a bad solder joint), and a rental Urban Strike Super Nintendo cartridge that was dead after purchase.

I don't think we're going to start seeing 2600 cartridges and consoles biting the dust en mass. They've always occasionally stopped working.

Most of the games I had were never tested. Sometimes I'd sell a harder to find game and rarely did anyone ever ask me if it worked. When they did ask and I'd say I think so but I never tested it, The buyer was always shocked. I can't recall anyone ever saying they got an Atari game from me that didn't work but perhaps they didn't test them either !

Ms. Pacman- silver label

Moustrap- Coleco

Tried everything to revive the patients...but it was no use. Medical science and an eraser can only do so much :(

I recently had a Missile Command cartridge run out of cities. Everything would work, but there would be no cities to protect. Maybe there is a set amount and I simply exceeded what was alloted by the original programmer!!

• 2 weeks later...

Spectravision, Cross Force

Looks like I lost the ability to edit the first post.

Here is the revised list

R.I.P.

Activision, Chopper Command, Myself

Activision, Dragster, Christopero Sly

Activision, Enduro, eegad

Activision, Fishing Derby, Wickeycolumbus

Activision, Ice Hockey, Myself

Activision, Kaboom, Wickeycolumbus, Deteacher

Activision, Laser Blast, Wickeycolumbus

Activision, Pitfall II, Skylark 68

Activision, Seaquest, cimerians

Activision, Stampede, Emehr, cimerians

Atari, Asteroids

Atari, Demons to Diamonds, Wonder007

Atari, Math Gran Prix, Acoustic Guitar

Atari, Ms. Pac-man, Shadow, 4KS, Atariboy, Tough Girl

Atari, Night Driver, 4KS

Atari, Phoenix, Lendorian

Atari, Super Breakout, eegad

Atari, Warlords, iangamer, cimerians

Bomb, NTSC Assault, Crazyclimber

Coleco, Donkey Kong, Myself

Coleco, Mouse Trap, Tough Girl

Imagic, Atlantis, Larcen Tayler

Imagic, Fathom, Shadow

Imagic, Subterranea, Zwackery

INTV, Bump 'N' Jump, Sloth713

Mattel, Burgertime, save2600

Parker Brothers, Reactor, Atarileaf

Parker Brothers, Star Wars, the_alpha_geek

Parker Brothers, Tutankham, Atari Pitbull

Playaround, Gigolo portion of Gigolo/Bachelor Party, Zwackery

Selcow & Righter, Glib, Dino

Spectravision, Cross Force, Herbarius

Spectravision, The Challenge of Nexar, Shadow

Telyesys, Fast Food, save2600

Twentieth Century Fox, Alien, Shadow

Twentieth Century Fox, Beany Bopper, Shadow

Edited by homerwannabee

I'm proud to announce that I've brought my Reactor back from the dead. When I reported it dead I had only tried the q-tip/alcohol then eraser treatment. I had some very fine grit sandpaper laying around so gave both sides of the contacts on the board a very light rubbing. Now the contacts are gleaming and the cart plays on the first try.

Don't know how many have tried this but its worth a shot to revive a dead cart. Nothing to lose. I've read some people advise against this but it worked for me and I used the same method to clean the pin connector and board contacts on my toaster NES and it does work great now too.

Bottom line, my Reactor can be taken off the list. Hopefully more can as well. :D