IGNORED

THE LOUDEST ARCADE GAMES

retrorussell

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dragon's lair's attract was always loud. "Dragon's lair, a fantasy adventure where you become a valiant knight on a quest to rescue the fair princess from the clutches of an evil dragon. You control the actions of a daring adventurer finding his way through the castle of a dark wizard who has it fitted with treacherous monsters and obstacles. In the mysterious caverns below the castle, your _______ continues against the awesome forces that oppose your efforts to reach the dragon's lair. Lead on, adventurer,... Your quest awaits! (nondramatic script reading)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Pole Position's "Boop... boop... boop... BEEEEEEEEP!"

Track & Field's "BWAAAAAAAAAH!" (these first two are the loudest in John's Arcade)

"...Featuring Hopping Harry and Jumping Jack!"

"Huhuhuhehehehe!" (Rolling Thunder)

"OH YOSHI!" (damn you, yuppicide! XD)

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if arcade games had volume settings back in the day, but I distinctly remember two games generally being super loud. One was Venture by Exidy. Somehow the "bass" (or at least lower) notes from the music really rang in my ears. The game was also frustrating as heck (the monsters run away from your shots) so even though I really wanted to like the game, the noise and butt-hard difficulty prevented that. Second game was Elevator Action. I could always hear the noise when the guy goes into a red door and returns with the file folder, even if I was playing a different game clear across the room.

Oh, and the missing word in the Dragon's Lair script is "odyssey." :)

• 3 weeks later...

Anything Bandai Namco has done for the past 20 years can be unnecessarily loud. You can put the volume at 1-2 (out of 10 or something like that) and it will still overpower anything around it. Their attract modes can be really annoying too, as they tend to repeat in less than a minute.

I could make the whole building shake if I turned the system (4.1ch with subwoofer) to 100% on my Dariusburst Another Chronicle...things shook at just 65%, but I didn't want to blow out any speakers. icon_razz.gif

Edited by Shaggy the Atarian

• 3 weeks later...

Currently the loudest game you'll find is House of the Dead Scarlet Dawn. It's one of the very few games that allows users to adjust the volume (to a degree) with the "X-Treme Audio" button. It creates a reverberating and interesting effect that also increases the normal volume, doing it all in a way that the console game experience won't. Just don't be surprised if your ears ring a little after coming out of it:

• Like 2

Currently the loudest game you'll find is House of the Dead Scarlet Dawn. It's one of the very few games that allows users to adjust the volume (to a degree) with the "X-Treme Audio" button. It creates a reverberating and interesting effect that also increases the normal volume, doing it all in a way that the console game experience won't. Just don't be surprised if your ears ring a little after coming out of it:

Is that Han Solo? lmao

• Haha 1