IGNORED

Games that require the Atari GTIA chip

JonnyBritish

I wouldn't say it's absolutely vital for that game. GTIA modes are only really used when you're docked or launching down to the planet.

But Koronis Rift is an example of it being a vital requirement.

If you do happen to have a CTIA system, it would probably be regarded as rare/semi valuable, so you'd be better off keeping it stock and getting another machine to play on.

I wouldn't say it's absolutely vital for that game. GTIA modes are only really used when you're docked or launching down to the planet.

If you do happen to have a CTIA system, it would probably be regarded as rare/semi valuable, so you'd be better off keeping it stock and getting another machine to play on.

The game Rainbow Walker ... was that a GTIA game?

i also know the titlescreen to Ballblazer was done in GRAPHICS 9.

Hmm, Maybe I should put the CTIA and OS A back in my 1980 800.

Forget OS-A... just keep it seperate for "historical collector" reasons.

We were talking about CTIA so-called bugs and differences beyond the obvious some time back.

There were 2 issues that we couldn't resolve:

1. Supposedly PM graphics aren't aligned properly, there was report that CTIA offset them by 1 hires pixel.

2. The actual horizontal position of the entire screen is different to GTIA systems (slightly shifted left or right).

If you could test those theories out (capture card would probably help heaps), you could solve those problems.

:|

Forget OS-A... just keep it seperate for "historical collector" reasons.

We were talking about CTIA so-called bugs and differences beyond the obvious some time back.

There were 2 issues that we couldn't resolve:

1. Supposedly PM graphics aren't aligned properly, there was report that CTIA offset them by 1 hires pixel.

2. The actual horizontal position of the entire screen is different to GTIA systems (slightly shifted left or right).

If you could test those theories out (capture card would probably help heaps), you could solve those problems.

Unfortunately the only capture device I have is an old TV card and it does nasty things to A8 output.

Now I actually have to find the CTIA. It's around here someplace...