IGNORED

Project "M", Stage 1

NRV

I think I found the problem, try this version:

PM1_real_HW_fix1.zip

I was doing a:

lda #1

sta STIMER

every frame (in the DLI that starts the IRQ's).. now only in the init (Altirra detected the problem correctly).

Also, seems that the song used an effect that changes the clock for a moment, near the end, so now I'm forcing the 64KHz clock in every frame (inside the RMT player's code), to avoid the screen corruption that it caused.

Regards

Looks and sounds great on my NTSC 130XE.

Stephen Anderson

What emulator are you using?

With Atari800Win is normally a drag and drop thing.. with Altirra you need to go to the menu I think.

Of course all emulators need the normal Atari Rom files, so.. can you run other programs in your emulator? and if so, how do you do that normally?

Regards.

You know, even if this were never completed as a Wolfy game, it could, with a few modifications make a good engine for a front-end of a virtual Atari museum or a select screen for a series of applications, theme depending on floor or wing. You might create a frame-like pseudo storyline around it to flesh out the experience. Maybe have Patrons that give advice, info etc. Maybe something ambitious like the Namco museum, even, with kiosks along the walls that pop-up info and graphics screens. :)

Edited by AtariNerd

There are Wolf and Doom RPG games available for mobile phones. Might be worth looking into.

Yes.. the "strange" thing is that the Wolf RPG looks like a modern Wolfenstein version (real 3D) and the Doom RPG looks like the original Wolf :D

Will try to find a video of that one..

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm still lurking in "silent work" mode :)

I wanted to have something to show at the "two months" mark, but I didn't have much time to work the last weeks.. anyway I haven't found any big problems and I have some of the algorithms and tables already working, so I still think I can reach most of my initial goals..

I would like to have my first screens this weekend, so wish me luck!

Regards

(hmmm.. some unrelated "eye-candy" for the people that like this things :D )

post-11240-125519941744_thumb.pngpost-11240-125519942404_thumb.png

Hi, I'm still lurking in "silent work" mode :)

I wanted to have something to show at the "two months" mark, but I didn't have much time to work the last weeks.. anyway I haven't found any big problems and I have some of the algorithms and tables already working, so I still think I can reach most of my initial goals..

I would like to have my first screens this weekend, so wish me luck!

Regards

(hmmm.. some unrelated "eye-candy" for the people that like this things :D )

post-11240-125519941744_thumb.pngpost-11240-125519942404_thumb.png

I wonder what will those be ? :)

Weekend is here, show us something :P

It doesn't even have to be a usable demo or run particularly well - just curious to see some stills of the renderer appled to some form of geometry. ;)

naaaah.. that would be to easy :)

in reality I don't think that static screens make this thing justice..

I just need to draw the maze and select some nice camera points, so expect the demo tomorrow sunday.

By the way I'm having some problems running the demo in the last Altirra emulators (pre12 and pre10 at least):

post-11240-125705462432_thumb.pngpost-11240-125705463654_thumb.png

I suppose an Atari cannot do that (and if it can I would like to know how :D). It seems this happens after loading the demo and using the arrow keys (keeping them pressed) for some time.. the screen jumps between normal and this kind of "garbage". If I try to capture the screen with "copy frame to buffer" all looks normal and I can fix things by selecting "Reset window layout". I believe that there is a change in the keys behavior, because right know they seem to use the starting and auto repeat values from windows and I think it wasn't like this before (but I could be wrong).. hope this helps..

(Is not my fault that the "bugs" cover most of the details in the demo! hehe)

• Like 2

It doesn't even have to be a usable demo or run particularly well - just curious to see some stills of the renderer appled to some form of geometry. ;)

naaaah.. that would be to easy :)

in reality I don't think that static screens make this thing justice..

I just need to draw the maze and select some nice camera points, so expect the demo tomorrow sunday.

By the way I'm having some problems running the demo in the last Altirra emulators (pre12 and pre10 at least):

post-11240-125705462432_thumb.pngpost-11240-125705463654_thumb.png

I suppose an Atari cannot do that (and if it can I would like to know how :D). It seems this happens after loading the demo and using the arrow keys (keeping them pressed) for some time.. the screen jumps between normal and this kind of "garbage". If I try to capture the screen with "copy frame to buffer" all looks normal and I can fix things by selecting "Reset window layout". I believe that there is a change in the keys behavior, because right know they seem to use the starting and auto repeat values from windows and I think it wasn't like this before (but I could be wrong).. hope this helps..

(Is not my fault that the "bugs" cover most of the details in the demo! hehe)

This would be a problem in the Direct3D9 output renderer -- that the captured screenshot is OK means that the underlying Atari emulation is fine, and the triangular artifact makes it looks like something got trashed in the vertex or index buffer. I don't know why this would be the case or why it would be tied to arrow keys, and in any case I haven't been able to reproduce it. I don't suppose changing the filtering options in the View menu makes a difference, and what video card do you have? You can bypass the problem by forcing DirectDraw mode through the /ddraw switch on the command line, although you will lose bilinear filtering if you are running under Windows Vista or Windows 7.

As for arrow keys repeating, I'm not sure why that would have changed. I did some work a while back to improve keyboard support, but the most that should have happened is that the arrow keys should have gained repeat capability. Altirra has never tied the Atari's key-down hardware flag directly to the PC keyboard state; it always pulses the flag for N emulated frames so that the Atari doesn't twitch-repeat in warp mode. I've been thinking about introducing a raw mode to support that but it's never been implemented.

This would be a problem in the Direct3D9 output renderer -- that the captured screenshot is OK means that the underlying Atari emulation is fine, and the triangular artifact makes it looks like something got trashed in the vertex or index buffer. I don't know why this would be the case or why it would be tied to arrow keys, and in any case I haven't been able to reproduce it. I don't suppose changing the filtering options in the View menu makes a difference, and what video card do you have? You can bypass the problem by forcing DirectDraw mode through the /ddraw switch on the command line, although you will lose bilinear filtering if you are running under Windows Vista or Windows 7.

As for arrow keys repeating, I'm not sure why that would have changed. I did some work a while back to improve keyboard support, but the most that should have happened is that the arrow keys should have gained repeat capability. Altirra has never tied the Atari's key-down hardware flag directly to the PC keyboard state; it always pulses the flag for N emulated frames so that the Atari doesn't twitch-repeat in warp mode. I've been thinking about introducing a raw mode to support that but it's never been implemented.

thanx for the explanation.. yes, probably the keys doesn't have anything to do with this, is just that I noticed that if I hold an arrow key it's under the influence of the auto repeat settings and I believed that it wasn't like that before.. but I looked at Altirra 1.3 and it was the same (I just think that is strange that if I want to use the arrows keys as buttons, like in a real Atari, I cannot do that)

by the way my card is an "old" nvidia 7900GT and the bug doesn't seems to happen in Altirra 1.3.. well I cannot reproduce it with my last build either in the 1.4 version.. the next time it happens I will try to send you that build..

Now, to post that demo..

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...