IGNORED

Pokey Glider 2.0 Disk (C source included)

bpj1138

Buenos,

Here's the new version of the synth/sequencer program. I made some changes (the type of stuff I think of in a drunken stupor). Noise! What a concept!.. Of course to the POKEY chip that means frequency noise. This thing can produce some bass now.. which reminds me of the song "we discovered a machine now we teach it the bass".. how true in this case..

The source code is included... I don't care what you do with it.. Put your name on it and sell it if you want.

Pokey_Glider_2_0.zip

--Bart

I don't care what you do with it.. Put your name on it and sell it if you want.

--Bart

This is the best statement I have seen on this forum for months as I'm really pretty tired of all bullshit in other threads (the only exception is Pokey IRQ vs NMI thread).

You're my man!

F.

Edited by _Fandal_

That's why I include the sources. If you want something different, you can make the changes yourself. I use this thing in real time, or to record a sample I can import to a digital sequencer. Doing everthing on the Atari doesn't always make sense. Look for the next version to be more synth less sequencer related.. it will feature graphics, and deal with functions more than notes. I envision a sort of loop generator, with a bunch of function displays, etc..

--Bart

PS: F: thnx..

• 3 weeks later...

anyone familiar with the Yamaha QY70? I used to have one but needed the cash so I sold it. I like the way the editor worked on there though. Would be really nice to have a sequencing prog that worked in the same way with the harmonising and patterns

Hrm, I'm surprised there is more interest in the "sequencer". No, never owned a synth in my life, except a CZ101, which I also sold for cash years ago along with my Mega 2 ST.

In PG2, I did some silly stuff like when you edit a bar, and then hit '*', it will double the pattern lenth and copy the first half to second half. That's exactly 1 line of code in the program. Silly stuff like that, but pretty essential. Also, by default the sequencer is writing to the pattern, but if you hit TAB, it won't write to the pattern, BUT you can still press keys which will be heard over the pattern, kinda like "KEYBOARD MASK" or "KEYBOARD OVERRIDE". All of this is geared towards a live performance. BTW, if you stop the sequencer with 'RET', and you're in play mode, it will behave like a normal keyboard.. the notes won't be quantized..

--Bart

• 4 years later...