IGNORED

Mega Italian Twins (2600 W.I.P.)

jrok

*Update*

I've added in some music, gap/pits, and a Goomba enemy sprite. Right now, the music still needs tweaking, the "pits" look more like eletrified bits of ground and the enemies are immortal and harmless, but I think this program is starting to take shape now.

Cheers,
Jarod.

MIT7.bas.bin
MIT7.bas.zip

You did a good job with the goombas, but there seems to be a glitch with the pits, I don't see them anywhere! Edited by smartkitten26

[quote name='Nati' date='Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:43 PM' timestamp='1250959388'

You did a good job with the goombas, but there seems to be a glitch with the pits, I don't see them anywere!

Hmmm... I can't confirm this bug from my location. I tested in latest Stella and Z26 builds, and they are showing up as greyish-blue areas of the floor. I am running Stella defaults (no phospor) and Z26 at phosphor 77. Does anyone else just see "nothing?"

*Update*

Sorry to post another oone so soon, but I've been experimenting with a 3-color sprite that's a bit more "Mario" looking, so I thought I'd add him into this build.

MIT8.bas.bin

MIT8.bas.zip

I really like the new sprite. How about calling them Massimo and Lorenzo? :) This is really coming along, though the music seems to be too fast. Great work.

Like the new sprite!!

This game has much potential. Maybe rather than Mario the character is that carpenter known as "jump man" from the first DK? I dunno if anyone has a patent on that particular character.

Wp

Thanks. I was actually thinking of naming the twins "Al" and "Sal".

I was bored, so just for fun, I worked on the flagpole part. I have no idea how your code is set up, so it will probably need to be changed somewhat.

Looks pretty good! Unfortunately, I can't use a missile or ball object for the flagpole, due to the constraints of the multisprite kernel. I'm guessing I'll just have to use a sprite implementation for it. It shouldn't be too bad... from what I recall of the game, the flagpole was far enough away from the ramp that they wouldn't be on the screen simultaneously.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I checked this out from AtariLand2600's link... very interesting. I don't know what it is with us and NES ports but we've always wanted 'em! Anyway this seems like a very ambitious project, I hope someone picks it up. And like others have said, I wouldn't think twice about shelling out some dough for this cart. :D